Second Skin Audio

Need Port Size

ROBERT 04XBLZ

hi i was wondering what size the port would have to be depth and height. the box is 39'' wide 20'' tall 28'' deep. i wanted the port to run the full width of the box. like this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=6215&st=20 the pics towards the bottom. oh and its a daily i would like it ro hit the lows but still be really loud on upper freq.

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

just looking at those numbers you arent gonna have enough room imo. thats only 10.63cubes gross...subtract .52cft for sub displacement and your down to 10.11. subtract another cube or two depending on the size of the port and you are down to 8 or 9cubes net when they would recommend no less than 10cubes net for 2 18's....

i emailed scott once to ask him the smallest enclosure he would ever recommend and he said the smallest enclosure he has heard someone running with two 18's is 8cubes net...he said they were happy with it. so...i guess you might be able to get away with 8-9cubes...u just never know until u try..

i likes me some audio stuff...

and with the numbers you gave I kept getting a - number for port size unless I made it 6" tall! even then it was only like 2" deep

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

dang. well maybe ill have to wall it then. if i do that ill have a lot more air ill have 48w 28deep 30 tall. but i have to do somemore practicing before i do something like that im not that skilled yet haha.... whats the difference if i have a lot of air to below minimum?

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

Archived