Sonic Electronix

So i have been out of the audio game for a couple years now. i came across a couple of 10 inch type rs and a bxi1000d for a deal and put them in my f150 for just a little daily bump seeing the vehicle is my dd, their in the back seat firing up in a small sealed enclosure wired at 1 ohm and idk if its a truck thing or if im missing some detail but its like it dosent hit hard or low unless both windows are down if not it just sounds like ass, when the windows are down it bumps pretty impressive for such a small setup, everything is wired right and set right anyone have a simular problem?

-Zach- '88 K5

- '01 cbr929rr

Is it the crew cab, or just the extended cab F-150? My old brother in law has a new style crew and I know its a similar story with windows up vs. windows down. He went two sealed downfired under the rear seat and his Fosgate 10's sound absolutely amazing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Is it the crew cab, or just the extended cab F-150? My old brother in law has a new style crew and I know its a similar story with windows up vs. windows down. He went two sealed downfired under the rear seat and his Fosgate 10's sound absolutely amazing.

sry lol, its a crew cab 3 door

-Zach- '88 K5

- '01 cbr929rr

your enclosure is sealed, that's the problem! :lol:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I think Ford called the 3 door the SuperCab. The crew was a true four doors opening all the same direction. Are you looking for advice or hints on how to get this existing setup louder?

I think Ford called the 3 door the SuperCab. The crew was a true four doors opening all the same direction. Are you looking for advice or hints on how to get this existing setup louder?

was looking to see if anyone had expirience with a simular problem but hints would be great.

-Zach- '88 K5

- '01 cbr929rr

Hardly anyone hear will be supportive of sealed boxes, but now that I've made the comment, someone will prove me to be a liar haha. If you had some time, and the clearance, id play around with a sealed downfire box under the rear seat. If you can give them the air they require sealed, great. If you can't, you may be able to compensate by feeding them more power than they ask for.

sealed boxes have their place, but ported boxes are generally louder and can hit the lows with quite a bit of authority too

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

if you could get a picture that would be great.

I am sure a lot of people on this forum could help you out. I don't have much experience with trucks but I have seen where ported to the driver side usually works good.