siundcheck863 Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 I can get pics up probably tomorrow he is changing a lot about it but I get his permission first what I can say is 4 15" MTX 9500 on 2 Audiopipe AP300001d Sounds good to me where do you want to put them and what kind of coax you using I like to go 6 or better just for the better midbass. I can assist you better with more details about the car and system you wanna run I think 4 inch speakers are as big as I can go in order to keep from hindering my line of vision. The outside of the trim ring on the 4's I'm looking at are 5 and 3/16. I already have a good idea as to what I am doing, I just wanted to see what some of the guys here on the forum say about that location for mounting speakers.
carshateme Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 I can get pics up probably tomorrow he is changing a lot about it but I get his permission first what I can say is 4 15" MTX 9500 on 2 Audiopipe AP300001d Sounds good to me where do you want to put them and what kind of coax you using I like to go 6 or better just for the better midbass. I can assist you better with more details about the car and system you wanna run Pictures NOW! or I go on my troll rampage =DDD lol. New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
stroupe79 Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Anyone seen tweets or 3.5"s mounted in the overhead console..in the flipdown that holds sunglasses? Thinking would be good for center channel http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
siundcheck863 Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 This is what I had in mind: With a faceplate: Then wrap it and glass it.
siundcheck863 Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 It was my first time using the material, so I was still working on how to cut it without chipping it. I figured it out but not without a few casulties first. I also sanded those rough edges.
carshateme Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Hope you plan on screeing it down good...hit a bump n its over lol /end troll New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
Robert8252 Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 If you put the tweeters in the visor it would sound like all of the music was coming from above you. Thats why you dont see people doing to. The goal in any build spl or sq is to try and have the sound even from both sides and try to have it sound like Its In front of you. Not above you or behind you. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
siundcheck863 Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 they wouldnt be pointed down, as in flush mounted in the visor while it was up, they would be pointed back. With this i think the doors would become more "fill" and I think the soundstage might even be improved with more sound coming from in front of the listener. Those are just my thoughts, I'm no audiophile or acoustical engineer. Also the "pod" will be using bolts and washers for mounting. It should be really solid.
carshateme Posted February 1, 2012 Report Posted February 1, 2012 Just have the speakers pointed towards the glass. Itll bounce towards the listener and increase the volume of it. New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
siundcheck863 Posted February 1, 2012 Author Report Posted February 1, 2012 I realize the you can bounce stuff off windshields and back glasses but ive got a pretty good start on this current idea of mine and I think I'm going to see how far it takes me. I got the pods mounted to check their fitment: And the supplies, plus a bunch of other stuff:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.