Second Skin Audio

Member's dust cap of choice?

Lucky4Designs

if you need a tester I'm available lol, i love playing with prototype stuff, hopefully youll find a good supplier

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

if you need a tester I'm available lol, i love playing with prototype stuff, hopefully youll find a good supplier

Lol I'll keep you guys posted! It'd be nice to have testers with lots of experience with other high-end brands! My supplier gave me a call today, he said it's going to be impossible for him to get a bulk order of motors from China, I guess the cost of manufacturing is just ridiculous right now. He did say that he has about 40+ motors, but they won't be around for long because everybody is wanting motors. I need to move my subs quick :/

What power handling are you looking for the prototype? And full face = win Carbon fiber full face = Badass. Good luck bro. :good:

I'm looking to keep it relatively low, around 500w RMS - 600w RMS. Something that just about everyone can use without having a huge amp (if I don't produce my own somewhere down the line ;)) and extra batteries, H.O alts, etc. I'll see how well everyone likes my first series and if it goes good, I'll start prototyping an intermediate-level woofer! I was thinking about offering my entry level in 8's, 10's, and 12's, but Sundown runs the 8" industry and I give Jacob major props for that! That would limit it to 10's and 12's, seeing as most people don't have the room for 15's and 18's right off the bat.

Edit: My supplier said the cones he offers for SQ are absolutely incredible. Many of his customer sold their W6's and W7's to get these ones! As for my entry-level subs, I plan to make it more of an SQ sub. The next series will be more of a daily ground-pounder with a little higher power rating, more excursion, and music-capable!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

I say full face boob dust cap, like so

7fa4b281.jpg

I like those! My supplier just got in about 1,500+ 8" domed dust caps similiar to those, I'll have to see how many I can get my hands on and might throw in a couple carbon fiber caps for the added surprise! Haha

By the way I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know where I could get these dust caps screen printed after the green light for production? I have a nice design I'd like to print on the caps :)

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

screen printing is fairly simple and a machine or jig could probably be made for not too much. and use a UV light to set the ink, so you could just punch your own out at a slow pace if need be. could also be pretty cheap. :shrug:

ill be watching you for updates, this could be amazing!

Would you mind PM'ing me about your supplier? I have a few questions for you.

PM sent!

screen printing is fairly simple and a machine or jig could probably be made for not too much. and use a UV light to set the ink, so you could just punch your own out at a slow pace if need be. could also be pretty cheap. :shrug:

ill be watching you for updates, this could be amazing!

Hell for the prototype, I was thinking about just keeping it simple until I find a route for SP... VINYL!!! Haha! At least I'd be able to see what the outcome would sorta look like.

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

Alright guys, now that I have gotten the style of dust cap covered, I came up with a couple of possible logos for the caps! :drink40:

I really, really like the "SoundLabs" in the Old English text, I feel as though it reaches into my Sacramento-roots :lol:

Anyway, here's runner-up no. 1

logo2yw.jpg

And here's no. 2 (I won't use the exact clipart in the image due to it belonging to bluecotton.com in their t-shirt design lab, it's just an example)

logo3ko.jpg

I really like them both, but I can't seem to make up my mind on which one I like better!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

the second one looks cool due to the background design. but i like the first one overall because it is sweet and simple

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I like the first one, and i could be a tester when the time rolls around. This looks like it wil be awesome.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

Archived