Second Skin Audio

Member's dust cap of choice?

Lucky4Designs

so i just realized!!!! are you not doing the SPL 8 anymore? your going with some SQ 10s and 12s? because your original idea was an SPL 8 right?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Man, it's been a while since I've peeked into this thread! All of your guys' help and design ideas are a huge help, there are some really spectacular designs that made my soul tickle a little bit! Haha I really appreciate all the help guys!

A little update and some answers to questions-

So far, I still haven't gotten rid of my subs! Some troll on CL has been flagging my ad over and over and the CL staff sure isn't helping me out any. These two Memphis are the only thing stopping me from getting this show on the road, I've had a ton of people ask about them, say they'll come look the next day, and never return a call.

I've been looking into the designs I've came up with a little more, how I could add some little details here and there to make it better, and I have a couple of ideas.

For one- I think for my 12's I'll be using a 2.25" VC. My whole goal here is to retain as much effective cone area as possible, so I'll also use a thin, but tall foam surround. The reason being, I can keep an acceptable amount of cone area but if I can find a motor capable, these cones can throw nearly 4" peak to peak. The lighter mass also helps keep the weight on these down, more cone area + less mass = more air being moved in the enclosure. Not only do the surrounds have a lighter mass, but they also act as part of the suspension system!

Two- most entry-level enthusiasts generally love low frequencies. That being said, I think I may use a coil with a little bit more mass to it to improve the low-frequency extension and help get those lows flowin' :D

Three- My first line of subs is really going to be my deciding factor on whether I'm successful at this or not. Sure, I could have the best customer service on the market, but what good is that if I don't have customers? What I'm trying to get at here is I need to build an extremely reliable product. Something that a noob could throw 2x the rated power on it daily, and the sub will basically say "That's it? LOLOLOLOL" - So for the coil, I'm thinking of doing a typical 4-layer copper roundwire with a fair sized wind height, and putting an "XXXw RMS" rating on it that will be pretty underrated. No peak power handlings here ;)

I saw a couple questions up there as well:

FroznBeavrBALLs- I had intended to do an SPL-oriented 8, but after numerous designs and ideas I couldn't come up with anything that would have at least 7" of cone area like I had hoped. Not to mention, Jacob pretty much has the 8" SPL woofer market by the balls and I give him serious props. Anyone who can pull over 150+dB's on one 8" has bragging rights for life!

OBI- I'm in Wichita. Noticed you're from KS as well, what part?

If anyone has anyother questions, comments, or suggestions, just let me know! I'm basing this design 50/50, half from your guys' suggestions and ideas, half of mine!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

I love my full dish cone!

299991_2440012132699_1623670306_2524759_844709296_n.jpg

What are those subs called? What brand?

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Archived