Vehicle is a 2002 Jeep Wrangler (TJ) with the 4.0L inline 6, 5 speed manual. Has 47k on it, bought it used at 39k.

There are 2 issues (not sure if related)

1. There is a vibration that seems to change in accordance with engine speed if I floor it - kind of like something is off balance. Figured it was something with the flywheel(warped?) (prev owners couldn't drive manual for their life) since the clutch began to slip at 45k. So got a new clutch + flywheel + crankshaft positioning sensor. But the problem still persists.

I was thinking bad plug / wires? But some friends told me that if it was: it would seem like the engine was dieing and not just a vibration.

And problem 2: It almost seems like it has a vacuum leak: if I bring the revs up to say... 2k, then shift - they go down to about 1600, then pause, then go down to 1200 (the proper speed to let out the clutch). Not really sure what this could be either since it idles perfect and spraying carb cleaner around all post-vacuum gaskets didn't change the idle speed.

Edited by SnowDrifter

Could be the plugs or wires. I had a similar thing happen to My Subaru where the engine hesitated a bit and got some nasty vibrations under acceleration. It was just bad plug wires that kept one of the cylinders from firing every cycle. Have ever changed the plugs or wires on it?

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Change spark plugs if they look worn, should change them every 30k and don't buy Bosch plugs period. They are junk.

Also wires if that ignition system has it.

Dirty throttle plate.

It's hard to diagnose without being there

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

How can I check the wires without getting new ones? Multimeter or something? I'll check the coils too this weekend.