Sundown Audio

RD Audio D9 @ .5 OHM

CJSmith

Double post fail...anyways don't clip the amp trying to get the most power out of amp...keep your voltage up...an u will be fine

My amp is about 75% of the way up, so they're getting about 2700 RMS each, so I should be good then. lol.. Thanks for the help.

I would up my signal input voltage if you are going to be running the amp at .5 ohm. so you don't have to run your amp at 75% gain. Just me though, I like being able to keep my gain as low as possible.

Are you talking about running higher voltage to it, so it can put out the same power without having the gain as high? :shrug:

Rca input voltage, the higher the input voltage the lower you can keep the gains and being just as loud as the gains being super high, battery voltage is good too lol, more voltage is moar powahh!!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

yeah. not really a factor if you are just burping though. not even sure why i mentioned it to be honest.

Well I do daily also, But usually I'm showing it off or something or cruising and listening to music when I do. But, i hardly ever turn the gain up when I'm playing music.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Well I do daily also, But usually I'm showing it off or something or cruising and listening to music when I do. But, i hardly ever turn the gain up when I'm playing music.

i'm hoping you have a knob that controls the gain.

:)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

To be on the safe side.

Don't run amp below nominal impedence

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Sadly, I dont. I bought the amp used and it didn't come with it... For now, I have to control the amp with my HU. Trust me, I hate it but I don't know where to get a bass knob replacement for it. <_<

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

I disagree on the higher input voltage when wired at low impediance with high. Voltage..... I get major issues with subs jumping the gap like that send amp 3 to 4 volts max imo

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Pac lc1

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Sadly, I dont. I bought the amp used and it didn't come with it... For now, I have to control the amp with my HU. Trust me, I hate it but I don't know where to get a bass knob replacement for it. <_<

Well, that is fine. what was hoping is that you weren't actually going back there and adjusting the gain knob on your amp! :)

I disagree on the higher input voltage when wired at low impediance with high. Voltage..... I get major issues with subs jumping the gap like that send amp 3 to 4 volts max imo

i didn't mean send it high voltage, just higher voltage so he could lower the gain. it doesn't really matter though, i'm not even sure why i mentioned it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

By high voltage I meant power input... I run my amps at 16v at wired at .35 for daily.. to much preamp input voltage causes problems especially if there any clipping

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Well, that is fine. what was hoping is that you weren't actually going back there and adjusting the gain knob on your amp! :)

i didn't mean send it high voltage, just higher voltage so he could lower the gain. it doesn't really matter though, i'm not even sure why i mentioned it.

If it came to that, I honestly think I'd just leave it up all the time and go deaf lol.. but thanks for the help with everything. :drinks:

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Archived