Sonic Electronix

full range or high pass?

Louder = more power, not more speakers.

EDIT: Having say a 100w x 2 to power some speakers and adding another 100w x 2 isn't doubling your power but merely adding another 100w so in order to get louder you need to double the power or more and not just add more of the same.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I just want to get my shit loud....I just spent $700 on another amp, component set, fatmat, and kick panels....I am only a little louder...I did a couple vids last week running passive and active but now I'm getting irritated at the fact I'm throwing $$ and can't get my mid and highs loud as hell...I like the bass but this ish is hard to get loud and keep up....

from what you described earlier, you never went active. you said you just hooked up all tour speakers to one channel. thats not what active is. going active means each speaker gets its own channel and you have a crossover that plugs into the RCAs. now instead of 100w for one comp set. you could have 100w to the midbass and 50w to the tweeter (just an example). by going active I put a 150w amp to my 50w mids and tweets, then 500w to my midbass 6.5"s. its nothing i recommend you do, but those are the possibilities.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I just want to get my shit loud....I just spent $700 on another amp, component set, fatmat, and kick panels....I am only a little louder...I did a couple vids last week running passive and active but now I'm getting irritated at the fact I'm throwing $$ and can't get my mid and highs loud as hell...I like the bass but this ish is hard to get loud and keep up....

from what you described earlier, you never went active. you said you just hooked up all tour speakers to one channel. thats not what active is. going active means each speaker gets its own channel and you have a crossover that plugs into the RCAs. now instead of 100w for one comp set. you could have 100w to the midbass and 50w to the tweeter (just an example). by going active I put a 150w amp to my 50w mids and tweets, then 500w to my midbass 6.5"s. its nothing i recommend you do, but those are the possibilities.

I did run active....I wired all my speakers in series....3 per channel, three tweeters on the right to one channel and three on the left to channel 2 and so on for the woofers....I think I was short on power 53.3 wrms per speaker when I am 120-130 per set now...dunno but I did post vids on it.

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

35" nittio trail grapplers

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

ProBox DMC212L-1000 144db @45hz

Viper 5901

this is video one of two...video one is passive

this is video two...video two is active

I was not running my subs in either video cause I can't seem to get my mids and highs to keep up.

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

Viper 5901

oh ok, you didnt say that much detail earlier. how did you have them all wired? what was the final load?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I did run active....I wired all my speakers in series....3 per channel, three tweeters on the right to one channel and three on the left to channel 2 and so on for the woofers....I think I was short on power 53.3 wrms per speaker when I am 120-130 per set now...dunno but I did post vids on it.

what did you use for xovers???

I used the passive xovers that came with the polks mm6501's....if thats what you mean other than that I had them wired to two 4 channels amps

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

Viper 5901

I used the passive xovers that came with the polks mm6501's....if thats what you mean other than that I had them wired to two 4 channels amps

how did you run active??? what did you use for xovers when trying them active? I think you simply wired them directly to the amp without the passive xovers, and that is NOT active by any means...

Archived