Crescendo VS. Selenium!!!! Pro Audio Showdown!

And then there was mid-bass!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

good shit twisted the crescendo do sound a bit cleaner although its tough to tell witch gets louder on same power, whats your opinion on witch gets louder? im considering getting 10 of the 8's but would like more opinions.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Plan to listen to the vid when I get home from work. I compared the 8's last week, but will see what others have to say before I chime in. My review is on csco...

Can you PM a link to your review I really want to see what a couple of you guys have to say about the comparison. I love the way my Seleniums sound but the Crescendo's look sexy as hell plus I want to match em with the XST2's.

If Twisted approves then I can paste it in this thread...

Plan to listen to the vid when I get home from work. I compared the 8's last week, but will see what others have to say before I chime in. My review is on csco...

Can you PM a link to your review I really want to see what a couple of you guys have to say about the comparison. I love the way my Seleniums sound but the Crescendo's look sexy as hell plus I want to match em with the XST2's.

If Twisted approves then I can paste it in this thread...

Go for it bro

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

First off this is a purely subjective test so take it for what it's worth. WhiteTB and 1LowTahoe stopped by, so we had 3pr of ears for the comparison.

4 selenium 8's vs 4 CA 8's. 2 XST's for the highs.

1000C4 bridged set around 150watts per mid, maybe a little more.

HPF = 125Hz/12dB slope LPF = 4Khz/12dB slope

Played no rap, only music with real instruments: drums/kicks, guitars, female vocals, ect...

Looks: CA hands down. Love the CF cone, but the phase plug looks a tad big for the speaker. Again just my opinion. The Seleniums aren't purdy, but not ugly either.

Price: The CA's are around $20 cheaper which can add up in a hurry when doing a big build. CA gets the nod.

Midbass: The CA's have a LOT of midbass with a 125Hz HPF. Much more then the Seleniums. Excursion seemed to be fine at the power level I was at, but if throwing 200watts at them I'd probably raise the HPF. Seleniums have solid punch, but nothing like the CA's.

Midrange: CA's seemed to have cone break up as they were somewhat muffled sounding/distorted on some tracks (Disturbed - Down with the sickness) and not as loud as the Seleniums. I was too stupid/tired to lower the LPF down to 3.15Khz to see if that helped. Seleniums were louder on guitars with no sign of break up.

Overall Clarity: Nod goes to the Seleniums as they sounded louder/cleaner on everything I played. Someone just going with CA's and not having anything to compare to might never notice the difference.

Volume: CA's were louder down low for sure, but not as loud overall. Maybe the full 200watts would make up for that, but they weren't my mids to risk damaging one.

When playing rap you would probably never notice the differences I did as it will not really demand much from the speaker compared to the stuff I played. Also I was critically listening vs just enjoying the music, so again most people probably wouldn't hear what I did.

I'm not naming a winner/loser as both are solid and neither is perfect.

If Navid reads this please let me know the freq response for the CA mids as I'm still wondering if 4Khz was just a little too high for them. EDIT: I've since learned the freq repsonse since it's on the box and 4Khz should have been fine.

On a side note CA should be getting an order for a 1600.2 soon as 1LowTahoe fell in love with the 2 he saw in the garage...

progress.gif

Very nice review strass along side twisteds review I am going to go ahead and purchase the Crescendo's and put them to the test and see what I like more. Won't really be a loss considering I could just sell the ones I don't go with. Thanks a lot guys for the great reviews.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I just picked up six of them.. Now need some crossovers.. What crossovers do u run??

TEAM DC AUDIO

1999 Tahoe

HU-Clarion flip out

& Clarion EQS746

Mids/Highs Amp-MB QUART ONX4.125

Mids/Highs- Undecided

Sub Amp-DC Audio 7.5

Subs-4x DC Audio xl 18s

Alt- 270sp & 250sp Dc Power

Big 3 1/0

http://dcaudio.us/

SPL-LAB sells rep. for IOWA

http://spllabusa.proboards.com/

Wow, them Crescendos sound amazing, but so do the Seleniums too, though Crescendos seem to be slightly clearer, and have really good mid-bass.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived