Second Skin Audio

Box design for 4 10's

you will probably have better/louder output if you lose 1 sub and do 3 10s ported or even 2 10s ported instead of trying to cram a bunch of subs into too small of a space. it gets frustrating trying to fit it all and playing with numbers for bracing, clearance, thickness, etc. sometimes just isn't worth all the trouble. kudos to the guys that are helping you out with these boxes though. From your numbers on the first page, I got 5.72 cubes gross (with thickness of MDF taken into consideration) which is probably fine for 2-3 10s ported.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

It just keep flexing the trunk lid, the energy is translated into rattling and there is not much of a point on doing that but I guess you can always try...

Will it put out any SPL at all? I mean I just want to hit around a 120db on demand. Will it at least sound good?

No one will advise you to do that box, wil it sound good to you?? well who knows, if you put 2 of those subs on a ported box will sound AS LOUD as 4 in a sealed. That would sound to me as a good deal!

so bottom line if im using all four the best/loudest design would be the ''V'' design? the new one.

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Looks sexy.

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

It just keep flexing the trunk lid, the energy is translated into rattling and there is not much of a point on doing that but I guess you can always try...

Will it put out any SPL at all? I mean I just want to hit around a 120db on demand. Will it at least sound good?

No one will advise you to do that box, wil it sound good to you?? well who knows, if you put 2 of those subs on a ported box will sound AS LOUD as 4 in a sealed. That would sound to me as a good deal!

so bottom line if im using all four the best/loudest design would be the ''V'' design? the new one.

What if I used the old "V" design. Would it sound weird if I mounted the two outer subs inverted and the inner subs regular.

Car

Deck

Doors

(2) JVC 6.5's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

Wiring

Batteries

Here is my build log:

You could do that with the outer subs only. Don't know if sound would be affected that much but I would opt out that option myself.

im just thinking it would be a easier box to build. and im not too good with cutting and mounting to make rings and the different locations of the subs. why wuld you opt out of it? and when i mount them will i need to reverse the ploarity by reversing the speaker wires on the inverted subs?

Car

Deck

Doors

(2) JVC 6.5's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

Wiring

Batteries

Here is my build log:

Like i said before, a 4th order may be a viable option and might get louder than the basic sealed box

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Like i said before, a 4th order may be a viable option and might get louder than the basic sealed box

Give me a sketch-up

Car

Deck

Doors

(2) JVC 6.5's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

Wiring

Batteries

Here is my build log:

You could do that with the outer subs only. Don't know if sound would be affected that much but I would opt out that option myself.

im just thinking it would be a easier box to build. and im not too good with cutting and mounting to make rings and the different locations of the subs. why wuld you opt out of it? and when i mount them will i need to reverse the ploarity by reversing the speaker wires on the inverted subs?

Well I just prefer not to have one sub firing at the body of another one, most likely it's not a big deal but if it can be avoided I would certainly do, also you will need to have wiring exposed. The MDF rings ca be found on eBay in quantities if you just opt out doing the job yourself.

I mean, I am still all in for a 2 sub ported design, usually you cut 8-9 rectangular pieces if wood - no angles and you are done.

Well a 4th order is a little more complicated. it requires some tuning. something people usually don't do for free.

it will look something like this though

399527_210342642391380_101923673233278_425585_783247080_n.jpgjust on a bit smaller of a scale with 4 10's

hit me up on PM and we can talk.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived