Sonic Electronix

blowthrough3.jpg

There is NO way those boxes are tuned correctly with that sorta port and that LONG of a port.

here, try this on for size:

blowthrough.jpg

20 high, 48 wide, 47 deep, 6 deep for the front section to help adapt it to the smaller hole you'll have to cut. port is 14x10 , 18 long total. Tuning will be roughly 36 hz.

I've done 152@45hz with this box with 2 aq hdc3 18's and 2 aq2200's.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that design. I knew they couldn't be tuned right. Dont have much experience building boxs like this. Haven't quiet figured out how to make it look right and work right just yet. But ill probably go with a box like that you drew up for me

are you trying to do bandpass or just regular ported?

You should really have one designed around your subs...

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

What he said. Or maybe a slot port...should be more efficient.

The problem with a slot port is it would be firing into a wall right directly in the path of it's port correction on both top and bottom.

I love that design. I knew they couldn't be tuned right. Dont have much experience building boxs like this. Haven't quiet figured out how to make it look right and work right just yet. But ill probably go with a box like that you drew up for me

Didn't draw that up for you, that's a proven design i've personally used for a year and a half with great results.

Archived