Sonic Electronix

Anything that is true AWG and has nothing but copper in it is the best. I personally like Trystar the most. At less than $3 a foot for true AWG OFC (not tinned) it is one of the best for the money.

Never even heard of this...wtf?

Because it is welding cable, not car audio cable.

Its not as flexible as your leading audio cable brands.

However if you want welding cable to be the same size as something like knukonceptz flex, rf or the kicker hyperflex you have to buy 2/0 welding cable. Since welding cable follows the american wire gauge standard 1/0 wire is 1/0 wire, where as kicker, rf, knu is oversized and exceeds the american wire gauge standard and is closer to 2/0 sizing.

so what brand wire you put 1.2.3.4. spot just curious?????

They are in order from my fav to least.

If you can find RF or Kicker at a great price, it is better then the knukonceptz flex.

You can normally get it for $189 per 50/51 foot roll. The knukonceptz flex is $187.50 per 50foot roll

thanks for the education on power wires im glad i bought kicker alot of people say kicker SUCKS but i know they make great stuff

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

If you can find RF or Kicker at a great price, it is better then the knukonceptz flex.

You can normally get it for $189 per 50/51 foot roll. The knukonceptz flex is $187.50 per 50foot roll

yay, I bought something that is actually good. unlike the rest of my equipment lol

Anything that is true AWG and has nothing but copper in it is the best. I personally like Trystar the most. At less than $3 a foot for true AWG OFC (not tinned) it is one of the best for the money.

Never even heard of this...wtf?

Because it is welding cable, not car audio cable.

Its not as flexible as your leading audio cable brands.

However if you want welding cable to be the same size as something like knukonceptz flex, rf or the kicker hyperflex you have to buy 2/0 welding cable. Since welding cable follows the american wire gauge standard 1/0 wire is 1/0 wire, where as kicker, rf, knu is oversized and exceeds the american wire gauge standard and is closer to 2/0 sizing.

Oh gotcha, I don't even know what brand my welding cable is...all I know is it does the trick for my big 3...so I'm happy with it, thanks for explaining it =)

thanks for the education on power wires im glad i bought kicker alot of people say kicker SUCKS but i know they make great stuff

The wiring is the only thing I'd buy from kicker. Since their subs are victoriously known for mechanical problems. o.0 or from what the rumors I hear.

Well preferably I'm like an underdog, I try to stay away from mainstream brands, and give the lowstream brands a shot.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

awesome mini write up audiofanaticz. I agree with you on everything 100%

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Alright to start this off, all wires are considered to be 1/0 sizes (not including the piece of 4/0 for shits and giggles, have 3/0 someplace to but didnt want to tear the garage apart or jack a piece from my truck).

All cables are OFC, not CCA.

First up, just a quick knot test.

The black wire is Rockford fosgate, the red wire is knukoncepts flex.

ee918ab1.jpg

Here we have the wires side by side for comparison.

From left to right order:

knukoncepz flex(black), Knukonceptz flex(red), Rockford Fosgate(black), Stinger HPM(clear), welding cable 1/0(black), welding cable 4/0(black)

4be9cd3d.jpg

Same order another view

efbe63f8.jpg

Knukonceptz Flex (red), Rockford Fosgate (black)

287b921e.jpg

Knukonceptz Flex (red), Rockford Fosgate (black)

9787a5bc.jpg

Welding Cable 1/0 left, Rockford Fosgate on right

You can see the RF 1/0 is slightly larger then the welding cable 1/0

527a117b.jpg

Welding cable 1/0 left, Stinger HPM (clear) on right

You can see these 2 are simular in sizes for wire strand and casing

56a3cd40.jpg

Welding cable 1/0 and 4/0

7214c12b.jpg

b5251350.jpg

Here I stripped the wires and put a ziptie around the stripped wire to keep it held tight.

From left to right:

Welding cable 4/0, Rockford Fosgate (black), Knukoncepz (red), Welding cable 1/0, Stinger HPM (clear)

d15fd079.jpg

I do not have a piece of Kicker wire at my dispossal currently but I have put them side by side in the past and I personally feel they come out of the same factory, they are that simular. And from the XS Flex I seen at my local shop It also has the same chartistics of the kicker and rf wire.

The Stinger HPM I am using above is the older style HPM, before the switch to the flex style casing like rf, kicker, knu, xs power all use, only thing different is the casing on the old/new stinger hpm series to the best of my knowledge.

i had fun connecting my 1/0 wire :D

IMAG0879-1.jpg

IMAG0881-1.jpg

IMAG0882-1.jpg

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1Set Alpine Type-R Components

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

What about SHOK??

Shok is only compairible to CCA (copper clad aluminum wire). They no longer offer OFC. I cant see a CCA wire being the "BEST" wire, even if it was free Id still say its not best.

As stated earlier.

~I would place Shok in the top 2 or 3, however he is going all CCA. He dropped the nice competitor line of OFC wire and now only makes CCA for $155 per 50ft (when the Knukonceptz KCA CCA wire is only $87.50 per 50ft) or some hybrid of 18%ofc with 82%cca that cost $185. Personally id spend the extra $2.50 and by the knukonceptz flex wire, then have some hybrid wire that is mostly cca cost the same as a ofc. IMO Shok fell off on the wire game big time.

Archived