Sonic Electronix

What's wrong with my system?

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what's wrong with my system I have 2 10's alpine type r 600 rms each an a boss phantom 5000 4 awg power an ground wire an a 100 amp anl fuse a kenwood head unit stock alternator an a new battery 2 months old from walmart in a 1990 Honda accord ex. My problem is every time I'm playing my music loud with the bass up after a couple minutes it shuts off an then comes back again why does it do that what's wrong? Too much power from the amp? Not enough juice?I'm new to this so help me out please!!!

Hows the head unit setup bass level, could be the amp gain is to high, subs not wired correct.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what's wrong with my system I have 2 10's alpine type r 600 rms each an a boss phantom 5000 4 awg power an ground wire an a 100 amp anl fuse a kenwood head unit stock alternator an a new battery 2 months old from walmart in a 1990 Honda accord ex. My problem is every time I'm playing my music loud with the bass up after a couple minutes it shuts off an then comes back again why does it do that what's wrong? Too much power from the amp? Not enough juice?I'm new to this so help me out please!!!

Friend of mine had a 2 ohm stable amp wired to 1 ohm, volume past a certain point or LOW note and it would cut out. Also was BURNING to the touch.

1. Check load the amp is seeing using a DDM

2. check the Fuse requirements for that amp.

3. check all Grounds and power cables and connections, TWICE

4. Is the Amp going into protect mode ? Getting hot ?

5. check voltage with car warm, and while playing. Amp could have a low voltage protector on it.

6. Check to make sure gain isn't all the way up.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

The bass on the head unit is -5 the subwoofer level is at +5 my bass knob is 3/4 up the gain on the amp is about half way the bass boost is off an so is my subsonic filter. But no the amp does not go in to protect mode everything just shuts off including my head unit an reboots itself within a couple seconds. An I noticed it does it alot more when my headlights are on.

Oh an the subs are dual 4ohm wired to a 1ohm load. The amp says it's 1ohm stable but it also says its 5000 rms wich I highly doubt it is?

low voltage. your HU is probably going into protect because of it. its either your charging system or bad connections. im guessing bad connections. did you install it yourself? take pictures of all your connections, especially the ground, and post them here. we will be able to help you the easiest if you do that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yes everything in my car that has a light dims including my deck, dash lights,head lights dim when the bass is up An yes I did install it myself an I sure will b posting pics.

Archived