Second Skin Audio

How do I know how much carpet to get for my box?

BEEMDUB

I would get 2 yards should be more than enough 36" in a yard btw. I always add up all the dimensions of the box and buy that way so 33 + 22 + 15 = 70 and 36 + 36 = 72 72" = 2 Yards

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Well, if you think back to grade five, you can remember how to calculate the area of each face.

(33*21.75)*2 = 1435.5

(21.75*15)*2 = 652.5

(33*15)*2 = 990

1435.5+652.5+990 = 3078sqin or about 2.5 yards.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

I would get 2 yards should be more than enough 36" in a yard btw. I always add up all the dimensions of the box and buy that way so 33 + 22 + 15 = 70 and 36 + 36 = 72 72" = 2 Yards

Alright so I'll get 2 yards then...Does that means its 2.5 sqaure yards?

Well theres different ways to carpet it but using the simplest way of wrapping if you can get it 3 feet wide witch would help alot, the box is 87 inches arround so thats 2.417 yards in length to go arround. Then you need to figure the sides and if you got 3 yards that wouldnt be enough because the sides are 21.75in deep and at the MOST you would have left over is a 21in x 3ft piece, pretty close but not close enough. So if you got 4 yards that should be plenty to work with.

Well theres different ways to carpet it but using the simplest way of wrapping if you can get it 3 feet wide witch would help alot, the box is 87 inches arround so thats 2.417 yards in length to go arround. Then you need to figure the sides and if you got 3 yards that wouldnt be enough because the sides are 21.75in deep and at the MOST you would have left over is a 21in x 3ft piece, pretty close but not close enough. So if you got 4 yards that should be plenty to work with.

Or instead of guessing, you could do a little math and figure out that if the roll is 3' wide, he'd need 2.5 linear yards of it.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

Archived