Anyone experienced with flipping cars?

I'm not experienced with car flipping, just parts flipping (like rare hard to find parts, NOS, closeouts, etc.).

However my neighbor has done this and it worked out awesomely for him until a few months back. Long story short, he sold one too many (five in one year I think) and got his ass handed to him. lol

What happened with that? Ive sold a few and my cuz does too, I know there is a limit (we havn't crossed). Just wanted to know the ramifications lol

I'm not experienced with car flipping, just parts flipping (like rare hard to find parts, NOS, closeouts, etc.).

However my neighbor has done this and it worked out awesomely for him until a few months back. Long story short, he sold one too many (five in one year I think) and got his ass handed to him. lol

What happened with that? Ive sold a few and my cuz does too, I know there is a limit (we havn't crossed). Just wanted to know the ramifications lol

Yeah I know there's rules and limitations on this stuff. I didn't really want to do it too many times because it is too stressful and time consuming when I'm trying to focus on school. But there is another car that I considered...I just don't think it would sell. It's a 1990 Mustang LX 5.0, needs a windshield and headlights to pass inspection and the guy wants $950. I would offer him $800 and try to sell for $1500 to $2000, but it just seems really risky, especially since it was engine swapped from a 4 cylinder, so I bet the rear axle is still a 4 bolt and was probably done in someone's garage. Just seems like a trap.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Have no idea since he didn't tell me, all he said is that he had to quit.

So now he's driving around in his last purchase that he fixed up (1989 Buick Riviera).

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Unless you know your makes and models flipping cars can be risky if you buy the wrong ones, something like a stang will always sell even if it has a 4 banger in it so i might hop on something like that but something along the lines of buicks, saturns and oldsmobiles i'd stay away from since they tend to be older folks cars no one wants.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Unless you know your makes and models flipping cars can be risky if you buy the wrong ones, something like a stang will always sell even if it has a 4 banger in it so i might hop on something like that but something along the lines of buicks, saturns and oldsmobiles i'd stay away from since they tend to be older folks cars no one wants.

I kinda thought the opposite with the Mustang...especially since this one is carbed. It's gonna guzzle gas and people may be wary of the engine swap. There might be something else wrong with it that the guy is trying to keep to himself too.

Edit: I thought something like a Civic in great condition with Alpine headunit, alarm, keyless entry, and a good detail for say, $2600 would sell. That's what that one was. I wouldn't buy it for $2000 though.

Edited by Dylank811

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz