Sonic Electronix

What's up its me again with another noob question.. I have a sealed box 2 10's alpine type R 600 rms an the box lenght are 31x14x14 how do I set up the subsonic filter on my amp to tune to that box an also the low pass cross over? What do I set that too? My amp is 1800 rms x1ohm. I searched on here before I posted this but coulnt find the answere.

You can't tune a sealed box...

someone else wanna chime in with the right answer?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Best way to do your SSF, if you do end finding a song with a low note that just doesnt sound like it hits right. Try and find out what Hz that note plays at, and set the SSF to that. Since you have a sealed box, they can have a wider frequency range compared to sealed, but less output on the SPL side. If you don't mind me asking, is that box custom built to the subs specifications?

Edit: Also a little edit for those that don't know. The general cut-off point for an SSF, is 5Hz below tuning of the box, but as I said, it would be good to use that method because there are some subs that have the ability to hit well below the tuning and do it well without unloading.

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Alrite I will try that thanks. An I woulnt even know I bought it from a local stereo shop (pacific stereo fremont California) I asked one of the guys what box would be best an he showed me that one an it looked pretty good way better wood then what the ported boxes they had. Plus it was cheaper. What specifications are the boxes made for the alpine type r's. I've been hearing you get way more spl from ported an band pass boxes then sealed? Is that true?