Second Skin Audio

Help me finish off my box...need help

Ok so this is only my second subwoofer I've ever made and structurally its not bad its about 3.7 cu ft after displacement tuned to 32hz and will have my sa-12s goin in it...Now its actually not as bad as the pics look lol.... but anyways my original plan was to paint it but after seeing how bad I fu***ed up the fiberglass I'm thinkin I should just carpet it? I really do not wanna do any more glassing on this box btw I've wasted enough on it as it is.. But anyways the biggest flaw was that the dummy as lowes cut my top to short so it was about 2/4ths to short so there was a "step" on the back of the box which I filled in with bondo and glassed over the top to attempt to round it off...now go easy on me that was my first time fiberglassing lmao but here are some pics

1561ac6b.jpg

99821d73.jpg

This is a small gap in between the first and second baffle but they are still securely mounted to each other and my subs fit flush

9fd4c9f7.jpg

LOL

0333ac48.jpg

Were you blindfolded when you made your cuts? J/K man. Anything is fixable with enough fiberglass, resin, and plastic body fill(I.e.Bondo). If you want to make it right, put in the work and time, and MAKE it right. You don't master something by NOT practticing, or giving up. You'll get it, just keep at it dude.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Were you blindfolded when you made your cuts? J/K man. Anything is fixable with enough fiberglass, resin, and plastic body fill(I.e.Bondo). If you want to make it right, put in the work and time, and MAKE it right. You don't master something by NOT practticing, or giving up. You'll get it, just keep at it dude.

Lmao go easy on me! I didn't make my cuts I had lowes do em ( bigass mistake)... But yea I guess thats true I just don't know what to do next I guess haha

carpeting subtracts deeebeeez.

you'll need to fill that gap before you carpet anything. maybe you could wrap it in vinyl. just an idear

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

carpeting subtracts deeebeeez.

you'll need to fill that gap before you carpet anything. maybe you could wrap it in vinyl. just an idear

lol I've never heard of carpet doing that before but yea I just want to get it so it doesn't look like an embarrassment and actually a good box ha

Cut your own wood next time lol.

Alot of bondo, glass and sanding. Any imperfections will show through vinyl, and maybe even carpet. Not to mention the gaps between pieces, leaky box is a no-go.

If it was mine, trash it and do it over.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Wow.... O.k. fill the gap and all other places with bondo hair. You can get it at almost any auto parts store let it dry and then cover it. Its a easy product to use and will fill it in great

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

Cut your own wood next time lol.

Alot of bondo, glass and sanding. Any imperfections will show through vinyl, and maybe even carpet. Not to mention the gaps between pieces, leaky box is a no-go.

If it was mine, trash it and do it over.

ha don't worry I deff am.. and I would trash it and do it over but I can't afford to do that now I have to work with what I have... so should I bondo the gaps fiberglass over the box and then bondo over the glass and then sand?

use bondo hair it's a pre mixed fiberglass strands and resin just mix in hardener sand and fiberglass over it. you will spend more fiberglassing it then buying more mdf though

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log