Second Skin Audio

Help me finish off my box...need help

use bondo hair it's a pre mixed fiberglass strands and resin just mix in hardener sand and fiberglass over it. you will spend more fiberglassing it then buying more mdf though

Well I already have body filler so I was gonna use that unless bondo-hair is much better....and its not just the wood I would need to buy man, I would have to drive 10 miles in gas, buy more wood, buy more glue, and waste the box I already started no matter how bad it is...like I said I can't afford that its a last resort...

I've made 3 boxes so far and have the wood for the 4th and 5th now. Best thing to do is get your pieces cut a few inches bigger on both dimensions and cut it down yourself. That's what I do and it works great!

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

Wll spend more money fixing it rather than building a new one

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I've made 3 boxes so far and have the wood for the 4th and 5th now. Best thing to do is get your pieces cut a few inches bigger on both dimensions and cut it down yourself. That's what I do and it works great!

Thats actually clever I never thought of that I guessed I just wasn't prepared for the lowes cutter to have the skills of a 3rd grader with the panel saw..

Wll spend more money fixing it rather than building a new one

Ok?......

yo that junks is bad ass, can you build me a custom box like yours?? j/k man. hey you have to start somewhere. easy tip... I usualy get my wood cut at home depot, and get it cut a half inch over what i need and trim it right on the table saw when I build. that way i know the cuts will be on. I used to get the whole sheet and bring it home, and cut it up, but its easier to just get it cut up smaller to get home easy, then make final cuts. you can do basicaly this with a skill saw and a straight edge and a few clamps. good luck with it.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

yo that junks is bad ass, can you build me a custom box like yours?? j/k man. hey you have to start somewhere. easy tip... I usualy get my wood cut at home depot, and get it cut a half inch over what i need and trim it right on the table saw when I build. that way i know the cuts will be on. I used to get the whole sheet and bring it home, and cut it up, but its easier to just get it cut up smaller to get home easy, then make final cuts. you can do basicaly this with a skill saw and a straight edge and a few clamps. good luck with it.

lol smartass....but yea that makes sense I think I'm gonna go ahead and do that next time because I hate when my stuff doesn't look good

Ok so this is only my second subwoofer I've ever made and structurally its not bad its about 3.7 cu ft after displacement tuned to 32hz and will have my sa-12s goin in it...Now its actually not as bad as the pics look lol.... but anyways my original plan was to paint it but after seeing how bad I fu***ed up the fiberglass I'm thinkin I should just carpet it? I really do not wanna do any more glassing on this box btw I've wasted enough on it as it is.. But anyways the biggest flaw was that the dummy as lowes cut my top to short so it was about 2/4ths to short so there was a "step" on the back of the box which I filled in with bondo and glassed over the top to attempt to round it off...now go easy on me that was my first time fiberglassing lmao but here are some pics

1561ac6b.jpg

99821d73.jpg

This is a small gap in between the first and second baffle but they are still securely mounted to each other and my subs fit flush

9fd4c9f7.jpg

LOL

0333ac48.jpg

I'd hate tosee what your first box looked like. :rofl:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd