Second Skin Audio

New member sharing my setup that i have now and questions about a new one

Ok so i finally got around to making an account on here. lol. first i would like to share a little bit about myself. my name is mike AKA PURP I live in MN and obviously love car audio and cars in general. So if there is anybody else on here that lives in MN let me know and friend me. So now that we are past my intro about my self lets get to my setup. ( i have some knowledge on car audio but could always learn more and by what i have read thus far i know nowhere near as much as the most of you lol) anyway i am running just a 15" kicker L5 solo baric inverted in a sealed box powered by an alpine 500 watt mono amplifier with a kenwood head unit which i just bought a couple days ago. with i think a kicker amp kit which i also just added, I was running 4 gauge but now its 8. everything else is stock no batteries or power cells or aftermarket alts. and it bangs pretty loud in my 2002 Yukon Denali. if you have any suggestions on how to make this setup better for the time being i am open to taking all advice. however this is what I am going to have for a new setup. I am going to buy the 18" AA SMD powered buy 2 2500 watt either rockford mono or kicker mono amps. but other than that if there is anyone that lives in MN or that could help me build a tuned ported box that would be great because i have never built a tuned ported box before and also what else would i need for this new setup i.e. batteries or power cells and how many and alts same do i need them if so how many will i need and what gauge wire would be best. also keep in mind that there will be 1 2500 mono amp to each voice coil which I believe would make it 5000 watts total. anyway if anybody has any ideas or advice or anything im all ears lol. thanks guys.

P.S. i will be posting pictures of my truck and setup soon.

What part of MN? I ask because I live there too.

How big is your box?

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

so if im reading this right you were using 4 gauge and now your sing 8 gauge? why did you downgrade? specialy if your looking to upgrade.

When you do upgrade if you get the rf 2500.1bdcp then the birthsheet is around 3200-3300 at 2 ohms on most of them and 3300-3400 at 1 ohm. your gonna want a few runs of 1/0 gauge wiring no matter wich of the amps you pick along with an alt upgrade mybe even 2 alts. then you will also need some storage, lots of batteries.

welcome to the forum

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the reason why I downgraded was because i had my system ran in a 98 olds intrigue and i was more worried about selling the car than anything which i still have not done yet but i just bought a amp kit from best buy and ran that. but buy looking at some of these other builds, i would never be able to do anything like that. and when i do upgrade im going to buy all new stuff, basically start as if i had nothing to begin with, i will probably buy the sub first, but for only 1 sub you would say that i may need 2 H/o alts and a lot of batteries? and thanks im glad to be here

i would go with rf outa thoughs two amps but theres better outthere, i would go with a single amp instead of one per coil two// check out soundsolution.com they have a wide variety of high qualitly audio, and you will need a few runs of some true 0gauge wireing

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

well, i know those rf t2500.1bdcp take a good amount of power, i think it around 200-250 amps and you said your thinking about getting 2 of them so thats 400-500 amps. a single 300 amp alt with a nice sized battery bank could work but in the end it would most likely be best to have 2 ho alts if possible.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.