Second Skin Audio

New member sharing my setup that i have now and questions about a new one

im only learning with the electrical upgrading but im getting a singer alt. heard a lot of good stuff about them on this site. check out mechman and dc power to though. i dont know how many batts or what batts or anything but i know it will take a decent amount to keep a good power supply if your wanting to push 5k + watts.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I'd say atleast 2 alts to a low battery, or 2 batteries for a good alt. But then again, I am a noob :P

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

I'd say atleast 2 alts to a low battery, or 2 batteries for a good alt. But then again, I am a noob :P

i was thinking the same. i mean if you get 2 ho alts and 1 good batt and then the power still drops a lil more then you want you can add another battery. however if you get 1 ho alt and 2 batts you could still chose to get a second alt or more batteries if the volts are dropping more then you want but i would atleast start with a 300 amp alt and 1 batt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

again thanks for the help but i looked at mechman and only found like a 270 or something but you would say to go with a 300 alt and say a xs 3100? and i dont know how low of a drop is too much lol, another reason why im here, to learn and also were would i find all the accessories for example a digital voltmeter and and good wires and all that kind of stuff? and i guess what are some good sights to order good quality car audio equipment and what ever else i need.

well, i get all my stuff from a locale dealer so i dont know about websites to purchase from but a do know that there are some adds and the top of this page and some of them are for car audio so you could look at those. for the alt i would go with the biggest bolt on alt i could find just because the fact of how much power your wanting to run. i see the xs d3100 being used by a lot of people on this site so im sure its a good battery. as for volt drop i would say anything under 13.8 volts is to low.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

i did look at the websites and they had some stuff but as far as what a lot of people have on here i havent seen on the web but maybe thats because they bought them at a local shop as well. but thanks for the advice. it really helps. and also ive been meaning to ask for speaker wire just the usual 8 gauge?