Sonic Electronix

Like it says I have this idea and I need a little help on the fabrication side of it. Below is a picture of my rear doors. I used some material and stapled it to the wall and glassed it effectively sealing the sides of the wall. Once I add a couple more layers glass and matte I can sand it and cover it with carpet..

door.jpg

While I was thinking about that I figured wouldn't it be sick to have a piece of 1" lexan on either side of the wall that allowed you to not only see the subs but through to the other side of the wall. I hope that makes sense.

The lexan itself is pretty cheap. I planned on using a piece 8x12. The whole project will cost maybe 50 bux.

If I use a level and measure the cuts right it should be identical on both sides. The plan it to take a 7x11 piece on either side out of the wall. Build a mdf trim baffle that will house the lexan and use modeling clay and fiberglass to finish it.Then I can paint a 1" strip around the lexan and use gasket tape around those edges.

Is there a stronger clear plastic? Will 3/4" be enough? Any help is helpful lol. Does this sound like a crazy idea?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

3/4 should be plenty thick for what you want to do.

I'm interested to see how it turns out

Should be think enough for sure. just make sure its secured tightly. and LED's FTW

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Junk is gonna' be pricey! But... it will be cool. And LEDs are a must!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Thx for the responses guys. I knew it was something I had to try. I got two 9x12 pieces. It was around 44 bux with shipping.

plexi.jpg

Soon as we get some weather in the 50's it's going down. lol maybe 60.

You guys will have to help me on the led thing. I want to find a way to have the led's pulse to the music. Is there any way to do it?

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Wow... that's a good price. That's what I get for even looking at PLEXI in a box store.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Soon as we get some weather in the 50's it's going down. lol maybe 60.

You guys will have to help me on the led thing. I want to find a way to have the led's pulse to the music. Is there any way to do it?

I am also trying to create an led system that adjust with the intensity of the bass. Back in the day my dad used a shock sensor off an alarm to turn the LEDs on and off, but I am thinking about using a MOSFET transitor and use a y-splitter off one RCA and strip the RCA to use its signal. The shock sensor system is a lot easier and I'm not sure if the RCA idea works. But as of now I'm going to experiment with it. You can pm me if you have any questions.

This question has come up a few times and there is a box that the leds plug into that pulsates them last thread found it on Amazon if I can find it again.I will post it

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

This question has come up a few times and there is a box that the leds plug into that pulsates them last thread found it on Amazon if I can find it again.I will post it

Appreciate it bro.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle