BigSix's New Build, Lincoln Town Car- Changes coming again... Downsizing a bit.

Nice work on the podS, and yes definitely make your own dash piece for the headunit.

please! lol and a step by step for that too lol i love to learn new techniques

Im no teacher... I just wing it most of the time. I click around on here some, go drink a buncha beer, forget half of what I read then get started and pull something outta my butt.

But if I fab something up for the HU, I'll be sure to take some pics along the way.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

my biggest question is how do you attach the pods to the door, i can never figure this out

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

.. And I got the O2's dialed in pretty good today I think. They sound great.. not mega mega loud, but very clean sounding, strong mids and very bright tweets. The 4.25s and 8s have a very full warm sound, and the 8's do work.. I have them crossed over at 50hz as per the manual and they are great, very strong.. By the time I was done dicking with them and showing my boss my lil project I didnt have enough time to take any vids.. I think Ill have some time tomorrow morning.

I think I might get a set of the 2 way 6.5's and do those in matching pods on the rear doors..

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I used some big ass bolts :lol2: gonna get trim plugs later, im lazy

Looking very nice man I like the smooth finish makes me wanna make mine smooth..... maybe not I always kick mine. Ugh

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

my biggest question is how do you attach the pods to the door, i can never figure this out

Ill have to check the camera, but I dont think I took any pics of that.. its simple though.. after I made my base and trimmed it to shape, I drilled 4 small holes though it, using 1existing hole and 3 new holes in door panel. used small bolts that i fiberglassed into the back panel, so once the pods were finished, I just dropped them on the door panel and used some small washers and nylon lock nuts to bolt pod to panel.... and done! theyll never come off without a wrench.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Ill have to check the camera, but I dont think I took any pics of that.. its simple though.. after I made my base and trimmed it to shape, I drilled 4 small holes though it, using 1existing hole and 3 new holes in door panel. used small bolts that i fiberglassed into the back panel, so once the pods were finished, I just dropped them on the door panel and used some small washers and nylon lock nuts to bolt pod to panel.... and done! theyll never come off without a wrench.

ohhhh i get. that makes sense lol. i always wondered how they get on and stay on without seeing any screws or bolts lol. thanks for the info!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Looking very nice man I like the smooth finish makes me wanna make mine smooth..... maybe not I always kick mine. Ugh

mine have a little texture to them.. im to lazy to spend the time making them glass smooth.. the texture hides imperfections well, and not using a full on gloss top coat also aids in that... and man start adding some fiberglass, bondo, mdf, and extra speakers and door panels get heavy quick..

Any ninja pics of your doors Cortez?

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

you have to be a good student to be a good teacher and the reason i ask is because people are always looking to learn new things as for me....im always looking for new techniques to do things lol because even when you think its good theres always one thing you coulda done better

Agreed^

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

mine have a little texture to them.. im to lazy to spend the time making them glass smooth.. the texture hides imperfections well, and not using a full on gloss top coat also aids in that... and man start adding some fiberglass, bondo, mdf, and extra speakers and door panels get heavy quick..

Any ninja pics of your doors Cortez?

shoot me a txt 831 >>> >>>>

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass