Sundown Audio

Need amp for my system

jbiddle.com

so i am just getting around to rebuilding my system and i was really wanting to run two JBL GTI MK-II's but when wired down in parallel they are 1.5 ohms, i wanted to get the JBL GTO 1500 rms amp but it says its only stable to 2 ohms so would it be okay running this pair or should i purchase the dual 2 ohm skar audio VVX's instead, so i could wire it in 2 ohms?

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

i wouldnt see how a .5 ohm difference at that load would hurt. but im not 100% sure. i know a 1ohm load and .5 ohm load are a big difference though.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

do you have any experiance with the skars i have heard there really nice sub and there really affordable. so should i stick with the jbl amp because i knwo its extremely efficient or should i go with the skar 1500 rms amp. i havent really heared anything about it and im worried

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

i have an optima yellow top with the big three upgrade and a 140 amp alternator so it can handle a decent amount of power

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

do you have any experiance with the skars i have heard there really nice sub and there really affordable. so should i stick with the jbl amp because i knwo its extremely efficient or should i go with the skar 1500 rms amp. i havent really heared anything about it and im worried

Na jbiddle im from Germany and we have no Skar´s no Sundown, FI, AA or DC here in Germany. You can get tose brands here, for astronomic prices over a retailer in UK. I guess it to you in case that the price of the offer is well and that i read good critics and no bad about Skar here in the forum, to the subs where them to compare SA, DC lvl 3, Obsidans.

I guess you the Skar offer of the 2 subs + SAZ 1500 D, or if you can use a box, the sub+box offer and you have to buy a amp separate.

By the way @ E-bay is a AQ 2200 for good money.

If you talk about this JBL http://www.ebay.com/...=item43ad2492a3,

btw good offer, i saw that there only 2 Ohm stable. I think that the Sundownamp will give you a tad more watt´s, is 1 Ohmstable and the amp have a good

resalevalue, if you want to sell it him time. I follow the auction of the JBL amp, im intrested what he get for his bnib amp.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

well thanks for the recomdations i think ill go with the sundown 2200 and the two skar 12's and wire them into 2 ohms so i dont over power them

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

There is no Sundown 2200, maybe Audioque.

I think the deal is going with a Sundown saz 1500.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

thats what i meant was audioque but i think i have decided to go with the JBL gto 1500

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Archived