Second Skin Audio

Box Design Help for 2 DD9515s

Can anyone help me with this box?

Preferably slot port,

Daily

2k power, 4k eventually

subs up, port back

33w 25 h 25 d

Do your port 31.5 wide (on the 33 wide area) by 4 high and 19 inches deep which gives you about 16.25 sq inches per cube. Build it to the size you listed, this is assuming you have .75 inch MDF. You should have about 7.75 cubes after displacement and I also estimated about .25 cubes for some bracing. Your box tuning will be about 40hz (exactly what DD has listed for this sub). This will not be as optimum as it could be if you had more room, but its as close as you will get to DD recomendations.

You should have stated that to start with.

I copied this direct from DDs website. Just to show you what they have to say about it.

You should tune your box to the style of music that you intend to play the majority of the time. The DD box parameters that you can find on our website will result in a box tuning around 40hz. A 40hz tuning is good for a very wide range of music. If you need to tune your enclosure for a more specific style of music you may need to lower or raise the tuning accordingly. One popular misconception is that tuning a box to a certain frequency determines how loud your box will be at that frequency. The truth is that when playing the system at the tuned frequency you speaker will have the least amount of excursion and the amp will see the highest reactive impedance. This will result in more control over the woofer in that tuned frequency.

If you want it to be at 37 hz i can tell you it will compromise output by the time you subtract either port area or volume to accomodate the lower tuned port.

40hz seems high? was shooting for 37

using your dimensions you have 10.07 cubic feet interior so minus the .75mdf not including port or speaker displacement if you use the above dimensions for the port which are 31.5w x 4h and just put it at 21d youll be at 37hz port displacement is 1.53 and speaker displacement is .46 for both giving you a total interior of 8.08 cubic feet giving each speaker 4.04 which is just a little shy of 4.25 which is the recomended max for the speaker so you'll be fine and where you want to be at in terms of tuning.

if you need a specific design, i can help you out. shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Here is a design suggestion based on your dimensions, note that the port goes all across the bottom of the rear (or front) side:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 39.962 Hz

Vb = 8.333 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 25.75 in

External Width = 33 in

External Depth = 25 in

Port Width = 4 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 33 x 25

Left & Right Sides = 23 1/2 x 23 1/2

Front & Back = 33 x 23 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 13 1/2 x 31 1/2

0.08 cubic feet have been reserved for bracing. Let me know if you need an assembly diagram.

Edited by Joe X