Do i need a fuse on my LED strips?

I am going to hook up 4 blue LED strips from auto zone to a blue rocker switch with 16 ga. knukonceptz speaker wire. do i need a fuse, and if i do what size would i need?

thanks!

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

I would fuse it. And the size fuse relates to the wires amperage rating. For example, 1/0 gauge is usualy good for up to 250-300 amps of current so a 250-300 amp fuse should be used. The idea is to blow the fuse before the wire has a chance to heat up and catch on fire in case the wire shorts out for any reason.

Well fuses are to protect against your wire from catching on fire in case of it grounding out and shorting. Not really for protecting the equipment it's hooked up to.

Well fuses are to protect against your wire from catching on fire in case of it grounding out and shorting. Not really for protecting the equipment it's hooked up to.

Well if you think about it wire catching on fire is about in the same category as damaging your equipment that would be pretty bad lol

Well you said wire catchin on fire is in the same category as damaging equipment, so I was just implying I am more interested in protecting my car from burning to the ground than protecting my equipment.

I am going to hook up 4 blue LED strips from auto zone to a blue rocker switch with 16 ga. knukonceptz speaker wire. do i need a fuse, and if i do what size would i need?

thanks!

Whatever the leds are rated at times 4. So probably 5amp per strip...20 to 30 amp fuse.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)