4 Speakers off a 2 channel amp?

For some reason after I hookd up an aftermarket stereo in my 1998 explorer xlt only the front right speaker, and left rear speaker are getting power. And I cant turn it up without them cracking. I have a 2 channel amplifier and I was wondering if I could connect both +'s and both -'s from the front speakers and run them to 1 channel and do the same with the rear speakers to the other channel? Will this work? Or do i just need to get a 4 channel amp and run each speaker to its own channel? The speakers are all 4 ohm. And the amp is stable at 2 ohm... Would connecting 2 and running them off of one channel bring the speakers down to 2 ohm?

Rebuild in progress...

Cheesy lil rf 2002 to 4 stock 5x7's... Undecided what im going to upgrade to? Probably some infinitys because my bank isnt big atm. Makes me wonder tho. If I was to buy 4 new 4 ohm speakers, And a 4 channel amp. Would it be better to run each speaker to its own channel or parralell the front 2 speakers to 1 front channel and the 2 rear speakers to 1 rear channel so i could still adjust front/rear settings? Guess its pry dependant on the amp I get and the watts it puts out at each ohm huh?

Rebuild in progress...

Cheesy lil rf 2002 to 4 stock 5x7's... Undecided what im going to upgrade to? Probably some infinitys because my bank isnt big atm. Makes me wonder tho. If I was to buy 4 new 4 ohm speakers, And a 4 channel amp. Would it be better to run each speaker to its own channel or parralell the front 2 speakers to 1 front channel and the 2 rear speakers to 1 rear channel so i could still adjust front/rear settings? Guess its pry dependant on the amp I get and the watts it puts out at each ohm huh?

Hmm yea go easy on those stock speakers for right now man theyll blow easy on too much power....and as for running the 4 speakers in two channels yes it is dependent on how many watts the amp puts out and what the speakers will take..

Archived