Second Skin Audio

Looking for a 4th order box design

wmrcs

I'm going to be putting 2 Sundown SA-8 v.1's into a 4th order. Will be running the pair off of a Hifonics BRZ 1200.1D at 1 ohm so about 600 rms each. I want it to play into the high 20 hz (port tuning like 30hz) range and then as high as I can go from there. Whatever that is, I want it. I care more about the lows than the highs. Let me know if you can give me some tips/recommendations/designs you already have/ways to design my own etc.

E34 540iT/6

i dont know enough about those woofers to give you a gauranteed to work 4th order for them..but you dont tune 4th orders that low.. the magic of a good 4th order is it can peak in the 40's and still reach down and punch ya in the nuts at 30.. but id prolly try around 1 sealed and 2 ported if i was building tuning in the mid to upper 40's and adjust the port till i got the desired effect and a good response

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

i dont know enough about those woofers to give you a gauranteed to work 4th order for them..but you dont tune 4th orders that low.. the magic of a good 4th order is it can peak in the 40's and still reach down and punch ya in the nuts at 30.. but id prolly try around 1 sealed and 2 ported if i was building tuning in the mid to upper 40's and adjust the port till i got the desired effect and a good response

Okay well I know nothing about 4th orders except that they have nice frequency range and are like a sealed and ported box in one. Right? I'm really hoping someone has a 4th order design for 2 already that they've used haha ;)

E34 540iT/6

Hit me up. SA's work well in 4th orders. I could design you something.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived