beatinpearls Posted February 16, 2012 Report Posted February 16, 2012 Im in the military and dont currently have access to my ride. So im planning everything out for when i get it. I have Infinity 6.5s in the 4 doors, Boston Acoustics tweeters in the front door panels and some Boston Acoustics 4x6s in the dash. I will replace the door speakers with some Boston Acoustics later too. Would like SPZ60 in the front and probably the SR65 in the rear doors. I plan on running all this on a db Drive A7 125.4. Front doors and tweeters on 2 channels and rear doors and 4x6s on other 2 channels. My questions, are having 4x6s in the dash worth being there? And if it would help move the sound stage up, who makes a good 4x6? Also, is this enough amp for all this?
neuspeedescort Posted February 16, 2012 Report Posted February 16, 2012 ditch the ovals and build plates. nice 3" and a tweet. you will be happier. its not always what drops in but what will fit and function. NEUMAN
carshateme Posted February 16, 2012 Report Posted February 16, 2012 Yeah I had 4x6s in my buick..sounded like shit. Built a bracket for a 6.5" in...sounds like a beast ! New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
IanJohnson Posted February 16, 2012 Report Posted February 16, 2012 better then nothing, but could be better if you take the time to fabricate for better size Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure 2001 Pontiac Grand am Head Unit - OEM Processor - RF 3sixty.2 Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4 Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1 Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S Rockford Fosgate Power T1693 Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4 Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG Alternator - Stock Batteries - non ext Box- Absolute PSEB12BK
beatinpearls Posted February 16, 2012 Author Report Posted February 16, 2012 I was definitely gonna go with a plate. The only decent brands ive found were some by infinity and polk. Any suggestions?
beatinpearls Posted February 17, 2012 Author Report Posted February 17, 2012 Oh I see what your gettin at. Build a plate with a tweeter and a 3" or 4". Prob gonna have to do that.
CleanSierra Posted February 17, 2012 Report Posted February 17, 2012 I took a grinder to my B-pillar where 4X6s used to be. There are wonderful 5.25 components in there now. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
beatinpearls Posted February 17, 2012 Author Report Posted February 17, 2012 Nice. These are in an s10 blazer and there really isn't much depth up there. And they are so close to the windshield, I can't really build on top of the dash.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.