Any tips/tutorials for using Audacity?

Adding/Removing bass is quite simple too, import your song of choice into audacity, then highlight the whole track by double clicking on it and duplicate by hitting ctrl+D, you can then run a high pass filter of about 80Hz at 48db on the top track and a low pass filter of 80Hz at 48db on the bottom (doesnt have to be 80Hz i just find this easiest). You now have a track for the mids and highs and a track for the bass :D, from there you can delete whatever is in the bottom track and add your own bass. To do so i split the track from stereo to mono which can be found by clicking on the little arrow to the left of your track, highlight the area you want your bassline to go in, then go to 'generate - tone'.....choose your frequency and set the amplitude at 0.6db or less, anything over will be at a huge risk of clipping and sound distorted, repeat this process by just adding more tones and copying and pasting etc. and you will eventually get the hang of it. I also ALWAYS run another low pass filter on the bass track when im finished to remove this stupid clicking noise that appears when adding tones :P I know im not the best at explaining things and im sorry for not providing images to make things easier, and if my process has any faults im sure decaf or bigpimpin could correct me :) but this is how i add a new bass line into songs! :)

clicking noise is because you need to fade in and fade out the first and last wavelength so there isn't a dc jump to the next frequency

hmm i wonder what i else i should divulge

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Adding/Removing bass is quite simple too, import your song of choice into audacity, then highlight the whole track by double clicking on it and duplicate by hitting ctrl+D, you can then run a high pass filter of about 80Hz at 48db on the top track and a low pass filter of 80Hz at 48db on the bottom (doesnt have to be 80Hz i just find this easiest). You now have a track for the mids and highs and a track for the bass :D, from there you can delete whatever is in the bottom track and add your own bass. To do so i split the track from stereo to mono which can be found by clicking on the little arrow to the left of your track, highlight the area you want your bassline to go in, then go to 'generate - tone'.....choose your frequency and set the amplitude at 0.6db or less, anything over will be at a huge risk of clipping and sound distorted, repeat this process by just adding more tones and copying and pasting etc. and you will eventually get the hang of it. I also ALWAYS run another low pass filter on the bass track when im finished to remove this stupid clicking noise that appears when adding tones :P I know im not the best at explaining things and im sorry for not providing images to make things easier, and if my process has any faults im sure decaf or bigpimpin could correct me :) but this is how i add a new bass line into songs! :)

clicking noise is because you need to fade in and fade out the first and last wavelength so there isn't a dc jump to the next frequency

hmm i wonder what i else i should divulge

I think the world would owe you a favor if you showed us how to add bass and sine waves :bow28:

Bose = Buy other sound equipment.

i love the rattle it's the best part! i need louder cheap amp any ideas?

[quote name= ^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1329380580' post='1892740]

x3 since decaf and big pimpin cant share there songs anymore, i think it will be a good idea for them to share how they did it so we can all do it ourselves :)

WHATTTTTT plz explain. Why no sharing

Copyright infringement, etc. Basically all that SOPA/PIPA stuff blah blah blah. Read the stickied thread at the top of this forum regarding music boosters.

And anyways, it's more fun to learn how to do something for yourself than to have other people do it for you all the time...or am I the only one who loves learning? :nerd:

_____

Wow, so much great information already. Thanks a lot for what you've written so far BigPimpin and SPLWGN. This is something that I'll definitely be reading a bit when I don't have class/work/homework...and I see Decaf stopped by for a quick second. Maybe he's waiting to let the cat outta the bag til we've mastered what you both have given us so far :lol:

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

We all may be waiting on'em to let the cat out the bag.

1993 Full Size Blazer

Pioneer 7200HD

AQ 90x4

AQ 3500.1

Big Three 0/1

DC Power 270xp

2 DC Audio 15" XL M2

85 SQ feet of Audio Technix deadner

Sound Stream BX-20z epicenter

Front 4x6 Polk DB

Doors 2 sets Polk MM 6501

Rear Polk MM 5401

All Stinger HPM wiring

ok pimpin quick question is doing bass remixs (adding bass like you did in pink floyd easier in audacity or fl studio) . This is the type of work i'm wanting to do, and i've done a couple in audacity and they didn't turn out that bad but took me days to do it .

Alpine 9886

Rockford mids and highs

MBQUART 4.125

2 xfl 15's

2 TRX2000.1's

Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back

looks like im gonna learn something new :) im mainly gonna learn on editing and slowing the songs than chopped though, ill give it a shot (never hurts to try) :) im not gonna lie, i bet the first song i try will sound a bit crappy but after mastering it over and over again ill probably get the hang of it :)

1997 Eagle Talon- going on a build :)

Dammit I wish I had a computer to use audacity!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived