XS Power

charging a d3100 with a die hard platinum charger

xs power charger are crazy expensive.. yes i have one.. the entry level hf1215 unit.. still 200bux..

i bought a deltran battery tender and it does the job just as good.. never charges above 14v nice charger and it was like 40 bux

Actually no a battery tender can not do as good of a job. It just is not possible. A battery tender charges in low amperage and most of the time 2amps is the highest they go and most are actually 1 or .5amps. If you are charging small batteries this can be ok, but a 2 amp or smaller charge could take weeks to fully charge a Group 31 battery that is discharged. Low amperage is good to maintain a battery, but not to recharge a battery that has been discharged.

The maintainers charge at lower rates, which means they do not have the cost of internal materials that a 15 or 25amp charger has. Of course maintainers will be cheaper, because there is less cost associated with manufacturing them.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

i have ordered a ctek 7002 charger because i have heard good things about this charger. what would you recommend me to do to try to get it back and revive it? it is currently sitting at 12.5v

If it is sulfated the only way to try to break the sulfation up is to cycle the battery. Charge it up fully, then put a load on it. Do this cycle 4 or 5 times and see if it breaks it up enough to bring it back.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg