VIDEOS!!! The Mighty Mini Build! 2001 Silverado Z71 4xSA8's, APSM1500

I dont see any box flex. What panel top to bottom or the front baffle where you've mounted the subs.

It's not visible, but in the middle of the top theres flex problems, along with intermittent spots. May try resin on the inside and see if that helps harden & seal it up...?

POTATO!

resin alone wont do it. how much clearance do you have between the seat and box top?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well, did some thinking today. Got a couple options to redo the box. Might possibly do a seat lift to accomodate a bit more cu ft because it seems like 2.2 cubes for 4 of them seems like a bit small. But for what they're in, they sound great. Also debating on finding a set of v.2's and, pending on coil configuration, go big with it.

As far as my mids/highs go, I'm thinking about doing a pair of 6.5 mids and a supertweet per door, with three SD250'2's front and back (1 per door, and 1 for stereo tweets). Kind of playing with ideas right now until I get some serious dough rolling. (Although being a bar DJ/sound guy has its advantages :lol: ) Keep you guys posted as I go along.

POTATO!

Just another crazy idea, probably going to see about going all SounDigital amplification. Some two-channels for the highs, and the 400w monoblocks for the subs. Would be an interesting build to say the least. Especially considering the space it would take up :lol:. The only thing is, I dunno if I would stick with 400.1's and the v.1's, or go ahead and sell them, get the v.2's, and either do two 400.1's per sub, or a 700.1 (even though it won't look as cool) on them. I'm always thinking of crazy shit to do, I swear :lol:

POTATO!

More good news. Braced the baffle to the vertical bracing and redid the baffle (added a second piece). Subs fit tighter, no air leaks around the subs, and I'm working on sealing any gaps in the box. Should be alright for the time being. Going to look into a 1" or 2" seat lift and redo the box eventually, but noone ever really sits in the back, so I should be okay for now.

I've decided my final plans as far as what I'm going to do with this truck...

4 SA8's (probably upgrade to v.2's) on two APSM1500's @ 1 ohm apiece (may eventually do 4 10's with the seat lift)

4 pairs Crescendo MP6 mids with 4 supertweets, one pair of mids/one tweet per door, mids on an SD400.1 or 400.4 bridged, tweeters on a separate 400.4

Second battery in the bed, two runs of 1/0 to the rear

I'm trying to figure out the best way to redo/modify my center console to allow for a few DIN slots in it, to add my scanner, (potential) VHF radio, and probably a VU-DIN for looks. May put that up top in the upper console :lol: Haven't decided yet. I'm always thinking of crazy shit to do. Got a video uploading right now, will be in up in 5 minutes...

EDIT: New video.

POTATO!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, opinions! Going to do a 2-3" rear seat lift, give 'em a bit more air space. But with that space, I might possibly be able to do 4 10's. Which would you guys think would work better, 4 SA8v2's or 4 SA10's? Either setup will be on 3kw (give or take a few watts :lol: ) just can't decide what to do...

POTATO!

Sick build! I love the SA series. I got myself a 8 V.2 and can't wait for more funds to finish everything. I vote the v.2s and :morepower1: !! :yahoo:

Sub Stage:

Sa-8 V.2 in a .72 cu ft box tuned to 33 hz

AQ 1200D

Upgrades:

Big 3

Battery

Bought from: Kevin@skaraudio, RooTxBeeR, UtkNate, dgaf

Sick build! I love the SA series. I got myself a 8 V.2 and can't wait for more funds to finish everything. I vote the v.2s and :morepower1: !! :yahoo:

More power is going to be guaranteed :lol: Just trying to determine if I want to do a bit more airspace with the v.2's or go up to SA10's. I think I'd have the airspace especially overpowered.

POTATO!

Archived