Second Skin Audio

HiFonics HFX12D4(400rms/800peak) ??

I was at my local flea market looking for a epicenter.When I came across an all black 12" sub with no design or mark to tell what it is.I asked the owner how much,he said 45.(I have 2 Pioneer ts-w301r,,,I would have bought the random 12's just so I didnt have to say I have pioneer's anymore) So I told him I want 2,he says grab them,so I did and while doing so he stopped me and said he thought I was talking about somthing else.We went back and forth for awhile and he finally said I could have them both for 90..Well I get home and look them up and all I could find is stuff about a 300rms/600peak hfx12d4..I have the manuel in front of me and it says 400/800..my question is,did I buy a bootleg speaker,And is the hfx12d4 anygood...the price on the box is 119.00 a piece.but I think I found them on amazon for 40 a set..Does anyone have any comments or reviews of the " " 400RMS/800PEAK HFX12d4's Thank you..

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

The HFX12D4 is a great sub especially for the price. It is rated at 400/800, although some sources falsely list it as a 300/600 sub like the HFi.

You overpaid, but paid the right price for it being a local shop. $32 shipped on Amazon is what mine cost. I love the damn thing. 250+W RMS and all the bass boost in the world all day every day and doing plenty well at it. Can't wait to get more power, and another one of these cheap bastards, to blow people's brains out proper, on the cheap no less...

I ran 8 of these subs in a wall behinds the seats of a full size van. They did OK but didn't get the lows very well. I've herd they do better in a sealed enclosure but I never tryed a sealed setup. And I wouldn't recommend running alot of power to them. I ran them at about. 350 rms and it was killing them. I went through 3 subs in two months. I got my 12s from Sam at audiosavings.com for a steal!! They will work with you on the prices . I got 10 12s at once and they did me right.

like I said it is way better then saying i have the blue pioneers. I actually just got 2 new subs they are Orion xtr 124's and with a coustic600se bridge at 2ohms,I finallly got my windshield wiper to flex off of the windshield, only one wiper though. and i used a 50Hz tone..Has anybody heard about the Orions xtr 124 is it any good.

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

I ran 8 of these subs in a wall behinds the seats of a full size van. They did OK but didn't get the lows very well. I've herd they do better in a sealed enclosure but I never tryed a sealed setup. And I wouldn't recommend running alot of power to them. I ran them at about. 350 rms and it was killing them. I went through 3 subs in two months. I got my 12s from Sam at audiosavings.com for a steal!! They will work with you on the prices . I got 10 12s at once and they did me right.

Really? You're saying they don't handle rated? I've never heard that about a Hifonics product. They probably take the 400 in a sealed box but wouldn't do it in a ported box. As far as the lows, I think my sub hits the lows just right. It doesn't make a lot of noise on the low lows, but I think that's what makes it a clean-sounding sub, unlike my brother-in-laws old XPlods, I can actually hear a musical note coming out of this sub, instead of just the same booming sound every time the sub gets a signal. I dunno. It sounds fine to me. I don't expect notes at 30Hz and 90Hz to hit as hard or sound as loud as notes at 40Hz or 70Hz. Edited by RickyShade

Really? You're saying they don't handle rated? I've never heard that about a Hifonics product. They probably take the 400 in a sealed box but wouldn't do it in a ported box. As far as the lows, I think my sub hits the lows just right. It doesn't make a lot of noise on the low lows, but I think that's what makes it a clean-sounding sub, unlike my brother-in-laws old XPlods, I can actually hear a musical note coming out of this sub, instead of just the same booming sound every time the sub gets a signal. I dunno. It sounds fine to me. I don't expect notes at 30Hz and 90Hz to hit as hard or sound as loud as notes at 40Hz or 70Hz.

XPlods are junk..