Second Skin Audio

Advanced Box Question

Notoriousj76

Iv been doing my homework lately and started looking into box building more, it has always been a fancy of mine. But I'm tired of designing regular boxes with just volume and port. I recently learned how important box rise is but still don't fully understand it. To my knowledge it's how the pressure of a driver inside the box affects the impedance of the load that's put on the amp. Correct? Another thing I saw using the WinISD program was group delay: I have no clue what that is or what causes it.

However, after overhearing some experts at a show recently, I want to know more about box rise. Whether or not you acknowledge it, it's still there and I would hate to have it adversely effecting my spl. To be as loud as possible at a frequency, you want your impedance to be a low as possible at that frequency, correct?

I'll leave it at this for now, I cant think of what needs to be asked next, but hey, I'm just trying to learn some things.

Box rise can be caused by a LOT of things, which are extremely difficult to pin down.

all you can really do (to my knowledge) is try to build an efficient box and hope for the best.

off the top of my head i don't know exactly what group delay is. but i'm sure google would have an answer to that.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived