Jump to content

Help...


littleitaly1990

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have infinity kappa perfects hooked up to a rf p500-2(specs are below). I've barely played them and the left speaker already sounds all f'ed up. Why could this be?.... The polarity SHOULD be good, but the rca's might not.

speakers:

SPECIFICATIONS

General

Power Handling, RMS 100 Watts

Power Handling, Peak 400 Watts

Frequency Response (±3dB) 75Hz - 23kHz

Sensitivity 90dB

Impedance 4 Ohms

Crossover Frequency(ies) 3.5kHz, 24dB/oct

Mounting Depth 2-3/4" Perfect Mid-woofer, 1" Perfect tweeter

Amp:

Dual Channel

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 125 W x 2

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 250 W x 2

Performance

Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20000 Hz

Crossover / Equalizer

Bass Boost With Bass Boost

Bass Boost Frequency 45 Hz

Low - Pass Frequency 40 Hz - 400 Hz

High - Pass Frequency 40 Hz - 400 Hz

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

just quick here check to see what your x over setting is at on the amp and there is no boost or any thing and your loudness is off on the head unit. also maybe a wire is loose and grounding out on the speaker.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Posted
just quick here check to see what your x over setting is at on the amp and there is no boost or any thing and your loudness is off on the head unit. also maybe a wire is loose and grounding out on the speaker.....

xover setting on the amp??? I turned of the MX on my head unit off so I have to go to slightly higher volumes before it happens. Its a problem with the bass, but I cant really describe what it sounds like. No wires were loose, and voice coil looked nice and shiny.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

about the amp.... I know how to set gain, but what about the other stuff...I have it on high pass, but what frequency should I put it to?....If I find my camera I will take a pic of how its set.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1122 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...