Sonic Electronix

hey guys i do want the ipad in my denali latter but i have a laptop that works perfectly fine except it connot access internet. So i might as well use that for now. My question is i know i need a power inverter, but im not sure what kind of cable i need to get the audio ( GOOD AUDIO) to the deck. i have the clarion VZ409 so i have the usb and audio as well as video inputs. can anyone help. thanks for your time and help.....

Clarion doesn't really specify what they mean by "A/V" in. So i'll assume they are composite inputs(Red/White/Yellow inputs). If that's true and you arent using them for something else, you can just get a cable to go from the headphone out on your laptop to "RCA". You can google "headphone to rca" or just go to wal-mart and get one. That covers audio. If you want Video too they make a cable to go from D-SUB to Composite. about 24 bucks and you are set. D-SUB is the standard video connector on alot of laptops, it's a 15 pin connector. Some call it VGA out.

Thats really the best you can hope for unless you want to try to do some fancy "USB" audio card or something but i think that may introduce more headaches than it's worth.

One more option could just use the bluetooth feature. If your laptop doesn't have bluetooth then they make adapters for that too. IMO i say the cable method is easiest and best because you are going to be wired to your inverter anyway so what's one more cable gonna hurt?

*edit*

you might want to set you volume on your laptop to say 90% for the main volume, and make sure you arent using any "sound enhancements". I've seen a few laptops have this type of thing to try to enhance the sound out of the tiny laptop speakers. you won't need this stuff if you re piping it through your car's

system.

Archived