Help With DD1 and Audison 5.1K

This is mainly for Tony, Ray, Steve, etc.. Not looking for input if you can't give me some direction. So here's the problem. Here's my setup

HU: Pioneer AVH-P5200

PAC LC1 inline RCA control

Audison 2.9

http://www.audison.eu/download.php?file=assets/p_1315389315_audison_LRx2_9_tech_EN.pdf&name=lrx_2.9_tech_sheet_tech_sheet

Audison 5.1K

http://www.audison.eu/download.php?file=assets/p_1315389320_audison_LRx5_1k_tech_EN.pdf&name=lrx_5.1k_tech_sheet_tech_sheet

Here's whats going on. Head unit only clips on 0db 40hz track at 37 out of 40. All others go to 40 out of 40 fine. so I'm using 35 as my max volume. The 2.9 runs my midbass. Then the 5.1k run my tweets, midrange and subs. Everything set fine with a 1khz tone and double checked midbass with 40hz. Then I try to set the subs and no matter what things act weird. Once it hits distortion it loses the tone but distortion stays and the amp starts buzzing. Even if I turn the gain down or up it doesn't change. I have to pull the RCA out to get it to stop and every way I've tried same result. Here's what I done.

Checked all wiring

Checked all connections

Tried different rcas

Different level tracks

Different ground points with the dd1

So I tried to get it set to where it was distorting by guessing a little bit. Let it light up, remove dd1 and back down a little, but then I went for a drive and the amp is saying its overloaded. I'm guessing something is hurting he signal but don't know where. But here's a video of it. And yes wiring looks like shit because I've been checking it all and it's 10 degrees and snowing.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Try it in the neg spkr terminal on the amp.

And move ground to amp ground please.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Just did it. Ground at the amp ground input on the wire. Volume 35. Sub level +2. Ground and positive speaker input register but do the same thing. Although I noticed even without the dd1 hooked up knowing where the dd1 is lighting up distortion. I can her the amp start the buzz or humm at that point even without the DD1.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I saw an audio control piece

What is it?

What is your exact input voltage to the sub channel?

Over 5v?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Epicenter isn't hooked up at all. No power no RCA. Head unit is supposed to do 4v max output. Sub RCA didn't clip til 37volume at 0db. Using -5 at 35volume. Haven't measured RCA voltages will a multimeter on the end of a RCA be able to tell me that correctly?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Start with the basics.

Try no lc1

So straight from deck.

Try vol at 30

Meter the rca voltage on a 0db test tone.

With no load hooked up see if you can go 3/4 gain on the amp.

Without any buzzing.

By watching your video, I really think you should redo your ground. Did you just solder it to the rear seat closing bracket? I would put a ring terminal on that wire and then I would sand down a small area to bare metal. Then use a self tapping screw and screw down the ring terminal to that bare spot. If i'm just blind, ignore this lol. I think grounds are a really common place to get feedback so I would check everything you can.

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

Thats just the dd1 ground ref.

Just hard to believe a 5.1 is bad straight from audison.

Their failure rate is 1:200,000

Could happen but i just wanna go over all the tests first.

Alright. Did everything. Have the scratches and cuts to prove it. Disconnected lc1. RCA is straight from head unit to amp. Nothing in between.

Volume: 30

Sub level 0

40hz 0db test tone

Same thing except I could turn the gain to about 5/8 way this time instead of 1/4. But did exactly like before. Did it about 5 times from pos to neg. didn't matter really. I did notice when it lights distortion and it doesn't detect the tone if I keep turning it up a little more it finds the tone again but doesn't fix the distortion or amp acting up. Distortion stays on until I restart. No way to back off, it doesn't go off. So. Set it to volume 35 sub level 0 0db tone. Drove around for about 10 minutes full volume and it was good but really lacking compared to what it seemed earlier. Again. Not sure of it was gained right since it isn't working properly. Just by turning the sub level from 0-2 made a huge difference and I don't think it's into clipping yet but I also know that I don't know that. Lol. But then after a out 10 minutes i put the sub level at +2 and maybe a minute went by and the amp started flashing overload but it doesnt shut down just keeps flashing got home, turned the car off and then the 5.1 shuts off except the fuse good light stays on and the fan kicks on and doesn't go off. Waited about 2-3 minutes and just disconnected it from the battery for tonight. So. Done for the night. Work out of town tomorrow and Sunday but hoping to have a little down time at night if there's anything else to try.

And in the vid the ground you saw I think is the DD1. Amps are grounded to rear batt. I have beyond overkill electrical for this system and solid connections.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150