Running syetem just off Batterys?

You'd be suprised by how many people try this or think they can do it.... Never turns out too great.

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

And I am very worried about voltage drop as a plan to run my saz at .5 ohm cause my woofers are dual 4's and I have been told to do this I need a strong electrical system so if I were to just run batts which I won't now anyway I would wire it to 2 ohm until I get a new alt.

Can you find/take a pic of the engine bay, and one where the alt is mounted. You can more then likely fabricate a alt bracket for a HO alt if they don't make a specific alt for your vehicle.

Please, PLEASE, don't run your system off of batteries only. Yes you can have your stock alt charge your bank for a while, but sooner or later it will work itself to death. And it will do it at the worst time! Plus you always want to keep your stock alt as a back up in case your HO alt takes a dump.

But as of right now get us those pics and i'm sure most of us can guide you in the right direction as to build a HO mounting bracket. It's not very difficult. I built mounting brackets for both of the alts in my crx

Good news got this from mechman,

Hello,

I can build a 220a bolt-in large case conversion for $549 + shipping. Includes 2-year warranty and adjustable voltage.

Is that what I would need ??

I Am Never Wrong, Just Often Mistaken......

And I am very worried about voltage drop as a plan to run my saz at .5 ohm cause my woofers are dual 4's and I have been told to do this I need a strong electrical system so if I were to just run batts which I won't now anyway I would wire it to 2 ohm until I get a new alt.

See this makes the worlds of difference in your statement. No, batteries would not be enough at this point, unless you do 2 ohm and in that case, you are ok until the alt arrives.

Good to see they have an alt though.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Don't say it can't be done I run mine on a stock alt with 2 d9's strapped at .5 for burps and 2 for daily and I stay over 12.5. You just have to pay attention that's all.

Edited by Thomas B

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

your stock alternator can effectively keep a battery bank charged.

HOWEVER it would take longer to charge. AND since it takes longer to charge, your alternator works at 100% for longer.

Want more reserve? add more batteries. Go longer between bumps. Charge at home to help out. WATCH YOUR VOLTAGE.

Have fun!

edit: stalk? STOCK

Bump for the best awnser in this thread that went ignored

Have you ever had your woofers blown?