Second Skin Audio

how does this look?

i just got around to remeasuring my car and this is what i came up with. 16h x 30 width x 38 depth. subs are going to be 2 obsidian 15s, subs up port back. was going to do areo ports but now that i found more room i think i can go with slot port and will also be cheaper! its going into a civic hatchback with no back seats. should i do a bottom port ( whats in the screen shot) or do a port with 0 common walls and put it in the middle of the box. it will have about 6-8 inches from the hatch but could also go more if i slide the box closer to the seats. how does this design look using a bottom port?

EDIT: i wouldnt have crazy loading issues with having the subs slighty off set would I? because 30 width wouldnt fit them side by side

obsidiansubbox.png

Edited by mattc3366

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

2 15s? id go a little more port. like 15 or 16 per esp if your tuning at 33 hz

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

wait, how is the port running the entire width of the box yet its only touching 1 side? thats impossible. if its an L-port then it has to be touching 3 sides.

edit: i'd also throw in a little bracing, it never hurts

x2 just saw that.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

so what should i have for common port walls? sorry guys lol

I just tried 3 common walls and it brought my volume up and didnt really affect tuning and my port area

Edited by mattc3366

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

i found out why i had that to 1 common wall lol. i seen that it said bottom port but didnt bother to load the pic and see that it wasnt touching the sides.

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

so what should i have for common port walls? sorry guys lol

I just tried 3 common walls and it brought my volume up and didnt really affect tuning and my port area

you cant just guess on the common walls. it tells the calc how many sides of the box the port is touching. put 3 in if you put the port on the bottom/top/side of the box and it touches three sides. its really simple, i dont understand how people fuck up on that part. if the port is in the middle and doesnt touch any walls, then its 0.

well if i use wooden dowels i could just drill a hole through the slot port and glue and seal it to the port right? then that would brace the box and the port aswell i would think

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp