Replaced Aftermarket Radio with Another Now No Ignition Switch Power

I have a 2003 Navigator and I was using an Alpine IVA-D310 with no problems. I just received my Pioneer AVH-P4400BH so I removed the Alpine and installed it in my Altima.

I connected everything in the SUV and when I went to power the unit up with ACC, nada. Double checked all the connections and noticed I somehow managed to tie the illumination ground into the remote/ignition. Well, obviously I blew the fuse and replaced it. I believe it was #32 (25A).

Now that I replaced the fuse I still don't get anything. The fuse hasn't blown anymore though.

If I connect the remote/ignition wires to the 12V constant, then the unit comes on. Although, it obviously doesn't shut off.

I was thinking of temporarily adding a switch from the 12V constant to switch the remote/ignition on. Once I flip the switch the unit powers on. However, once I flip the switch to shut the unit off, the deck still stays on. ????

Anyway, I want to get this ACC issue resolved. I checked all the fuses that concern the radio. I belived it was #7, #22, and #31. There may have been another although I can't recall at this time. They are all good.

I have a DMM, can I put the + end in where the fuse should be for the radio and make sure they work? Which radio fuse should be on an Ignition switch?

For that matter, what other fuse or extra fuse has an Ignition switch tie in? I could just tap into that.

Thanks

2003 Navigator with Strutmasters Suspension

305/30/26

Alpine IVA-D310

Kicker KX1200.1

3 Ascendant Audio Arsenal 12's

idk if you did or not, but check EVERY fuse. sometimes those things can be tied into others and just reading what the fuse is for wont tell you anything. one example is that on 2002-2005 tundras the tail light fuse is tied into the fuse for the alternator regulator... found that out when i pinched the reverse trigger wire for a backup cam and the alt wouldnt charge after but the book just described it as being the tail lights, nothing about the alternator regulator

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

idk if you did or not, but check EVERY fuse. sometimes those things can be tied into others and just reading what the fuse is for wont tell you anything. one example is that on 2002-2005 tundras the tail light fuse is tied into the fuse for the alternator regulator... found that out when i pinched the reverse trigger wire for a backup cam and the alt wouldnt charge after but the book just described it as being the tail lights, nothing about the alternator regulator

Thanks. Will try it bro.

305/30/26

Alpine IVA-D310

Kicker KX1200.1

"remote/ignition" are two seperate things. I'm assuming you just mean the ignition or ACC wire and not the remote wire.

Sounds like an fuse issue. Check them all, use a DMM if you need to. And of you fried the wire completely like it was mentioned then you need to trace that wire back and connect it so you don't end up with any shorts in the harness.

If you popped that high amperage of a fuse you could have possibly fried your ACC wire completely.

It's an easy fix though. Run a new ACC wire from your Accessory wire in your ignition harness. This will supply plenty of amperage and you will avoid having to add a relay in.

Exactly how would I do this? I guess I'm just asking basically where I start from and go to.

Like where would the Accessory wire be as well as the ignition harness?

The harness the radio connects to or the fuse itself?

305/30/26

Alpine IVA-D310

Kicker KX1200.1

Follow the large harness from the key cylinder it will be wrapped with either tape or tape and wire wrap. Open the harness and you'll see large gauge wiring and look for the black/light green. TEST THIS WIRE WITH YOUR DMM. You should have 12v in ACC and Run ONLY. So you should get 12v then it drops when you crank then when the car is running it should be 12v again. Then just run a 16-18 gauge wire from that harness up to the radio and tap in accordingly.

Hope this helps

Follow the large harness from the key cylinder it will be wrapped with either tape or tape and wire wrap. Open the harness and you'll see large gauge wiring and look for the black/light green. TEST THIS WIRE WITH YOUR DMM. You should have 12v in ACC and Run ONLY. So you should get 12v then it drops when you crank then when the car is running it should be 12v again. Then just run a 16-18 gauge wire from that harness up to the radio and tap in accordingly.

Hope this helps

Great. Will try this out this weekend. Thanks for clearing this up for me and I'll keep everyone posted.

305/30/26

Alpine IVA-D310

Kicker KX1200.1

Hope this helps

Thanks. It worked great. Still not sure why my acc doesn't work from the harness. But everything else seems to work in the Navigator. Again, thanks to this forum, my radio works. :)

305/30/26

Alpine IVA-D310

Kicker KX1200.1