Sonic Electronix

My buddy just got a system done at another shop in greenwood... They ran 8 gauge to a punch 300.1 I guess because the battery was in the back.... Didn't cut anything down just threw it in the spare tire well... The rcas are just laying everywhere under it. Nothing is secured. Spent $700 for 2 p2s the amp a box and install. I told him he was a dumb ass for going back.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

i work for a shop and all they go for is clean but my shop wasnt dumb like that they knew the difference we sold phoenix gold. but alot of shops are biased just like if your were to say i want to do 12 12" subs they would tell you how bad that is or 20 10" subs in a ported wall you wanna do it for the wow and cool factor they will convince you other wise. plus you gotta think shops are there for people who dont know stereos like us. sorry if i hopped in late only read 1st page.

Yea where the hell do people get the idea that 18s are sloppy and 10s are clean? Wtf is sloppy? Lol idk about you but I can't hear the difference between a 10, 12, 15, 18! Shops need to crawl out from the cave they work in!

Wrong. I hear a huge difference in my 18"s compaired to my 10"s. box is tuned the same as the old one. Yes there are many other variables but I think that my 18"s can get lower (considering they are tuned the same as the 10"s)

But that's just me, agree or disagree of you want

And screw shops. I needed a fuse bad one day, got charged $29 for a stupid 250amp Rockford fuse. And later on that week $42 dollars for a buddies install witch was just for a mini anl fuse holder and fuse. Yes I know they have to keep money flowing in to keep the lights on but still...

Also my local shop has a 4th order walled, 2 15"s (don't know what kind) on two mojo 4ks. Hardly hits a 150 and they think it's the greatest thing ever...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

working at a car audio shop i get people telling me all the time that they come to our shop just because we deal with loud vehicles and custom work. we only carry a few brands (wont be named because it will lead to a brand war on here) but we carry what the pros use not what you can get at best buy. and we will tell you to get the big 3 and upgrade your battery if you need it, we dont care or are biased on what size subs you want. hell, we have 2 DD2500 8's in a t-line box that puts 12's to shame... but i use 15's in my durango and they dont sound sloppy. technology has improved so much in the last 10+ years. i can hit double bass just as fast as 10's in a sealed enclosure and be louder, yeah it may not be as punchy but you cant expect the same sound from two completely different set ups. some of these shops need to get with the times...

Edit: spelling

Mine wasnt a shop, i was at a meet. The guy looked at my set up (my avatar) and said its a nice build. I have an suv. He thought that you wouldnt be able to hear it in the back seats lmao....

Doesnt have to do with 18"s, but older shop guys seem like they dont know all too much actually :popcorn:

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

it all boils down to preference i have two 18,s in my truck it slaps all day long i useto have four 10,s thay slapped also i admit the 10,s sounded more smother tighter and more musical sounded better over all not much better to make a big deal out of it its all preference go for what you like

I was told that if I mounted my woofers inverted they would blow.

Ha.

-Drew

Myth busters proved that shit CONFIRMED.

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

It seems nobody here knows anything about sound quality. I see why home audiophiles laugh at the car audio scene.

It is physically impossible for any 18" sub to produce any frequency and especially transient frequencies, as precise as any sub with a cone smaller than 18". It's physics. There's no way around it.

And even more importantly, the difference in sound quality between any two different subs will be totally dependent on the signal it receives. IE: An 18" on a clean amp can sound better than a 10" on a dirty amp. Give them both a clean amp, and every time the 10" will sound cleaner, tighter, and more precise.

Archived