Duck's Walled Accord - 3/4/14 Nothing to see here, move along, move along

Nope, those are all "B" or "C" pillars and the guage cluster goes over the existing pillar from the looks of it and probably only works on the drivers side. Everything for this car has been discontinued by honda, so there is that too.,

Thanks.

I'm going to say that since this box was designed for the kenwoods, and i kinda muffed the port a bit, even thought i measure once and cut twice, or was it the other way around? ... anyway I'm going to rebuild a new enclosure. If it goes like i think it will that means the amp rack will have to go and i will have to get creative again with a new design. I know some of you rebuild alot, but i can't even get through one project without having to scrap and restart. lol. I don't like the way subs up port up sounds so it' going to be subs back port back, or wall. Should i wall and get two more sa-12's?

I have a couple more upgrades i want to do in the meantime, I need an alt and i am planning on getting a skar 1500.1. So that will take a bit to save up for. If i wall my wife might divorce me because then i can only have one kid at a time and i have two kids. Maybe a seat in the port?

• 4 weeks later...

get that box covered...no bare boxes in SOTM...

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

get that box covered...no bare boxes in SOTM...

Thought it was a "free for all", two months ago when it was a free for all it didn't matter. No big deal though, if i can't enter, then i can't enter.

• 2 weeks later...

So my old clock in my dash isn't working anymore. I pulled it out and took my voltmeter apart. Took apart the clock, cut the housing for it and mounted the volt meter into that housing. Th volt meter is round and bigger than the opening than the clock was in, Getting it all in there assembled was fun fun fun. But it worked. So here is the end result. Sorry i didn't get more pictures.

hoiuy005.jpg

In addition to putting my volt meter in my dash, i just got this in the mail.

101_1225.jpg

101_1226.jpg101_1227.jpg

Now i need an alt!, My little 65 amp won't keep up with this thing. But I have a plan, I'm going to find an alt in a junk yard from a late model minivan or something similar and put it where my a/c is now. Most modern stuff has 140amp alts so the 140 plus my 65 will get me by until i can get a higher output model, I'll get a 220 for my stock location and I think that should cover my charging system for later upgrades.I have a friend at work who can make a bracket for me for 20 bucks so hopefully in a month or so i should be ready to install this!

• 1 month later...

So I cleaned up my car today, Still needs some detailing but it's much cleaner now. Considering everything was covered in a 1/2" of sawdust it looks like a new car.

I really got to get those cracks and crevices cleaned up. I hate how my camera shows every spec of disrt and grime in hyper realism. ughh!

First thing was i took my volt meter and got a better pic of it.

101_1471_zpsd14814eb.jpg

The meter was kind of like this, I disassembled it and put it where the factory clock was. this meter is twice the height of that hole it's in now. Round peg in a square hole ftw!

img_250774596113G_2T.jpg

Then I moved my tweeters up higher, Really helps the imaging, plus it just sounds better now. Don't know why but the mid bass sounds more prominent. That and Im running active now, mids are 75 to 3900ish, and mids are like 4kish and up. less overlap that way. The difference in the gain for the mids and tweets is stupid. The gain for the tweets is almost all the way down.

101_1469_zps95ff7f6f.jpg

I would have centered the tweeters more but when you close the door that is almost right against the "A" pillar where they are.

One last pic, For an 87' owned by several people including a teenager, its held up remarkably well.

101_1467_zps392fcfd2.jpg

Ever notice how the camera pics up every single piece of dust and dirt? FML! I can't clean this car enough to get a decent looking pic....

• 3 weeks later...

My mid bass speakers have arrived. These are part one of my door project. I am planning on running these and two fosgate t2 6.5 components in each door. So this will take a minute to complete. Next thursday the first set of 6.5's should get ordered.Once i have everything i am going to start with a fresh slate and use 1/4 mdf and make whole new door panels (hopefully) anyway. here are the pics of what i will be running for my mid bass

101_1510.jpg

101_1511.jpg

101_1513.jpg

101_1516.jpg

Yep, those are punch p2 8's dual 4ohm. Maybe a bit of overkill, but right now my subs just destroy my mids to the point that you can't even hear them anymore. So when this is done hopefully my front stage will keep up, and maybe i can upgrade the sub stage too if needed.

Well, my old console looked like crap. So i am trying something new. Here is what the stock location under the stereo looks like.

101_1517.jpg

Shitty old stained carpet. So lets do some work

I need to cut my dash a bit to get the screen in where i want it to go. So here is what i had to cut.

101_1518.jpg

101_1520.jpg

101_1519.jpg

Now that that is cut, the screen can fit up in the dash a bit. like so.

101_1522.jpg

Then i made a template

101_1523.jpg

Archived