Jump to content

Look what I found!!!!!


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I was looking through my grandpa's garage and found some old Diamond Audio crossovers. I knew they were my uncles because apparently when i was a little kid an he was younger he had a sweet system in his 2003 Chevy Cavalier. So I looked at them and they looked burnt up but when I tested them they worked fine. So I am planning on using them to add some Pioneer 6 1/2" speakers to my car. My question is can i get Rca split and use one RCA going to my sub amp and use the other RCA for my crossover. alos can i cut the RCA plug off and strip the wire for the input. It has speaker wire inputs not RCA's and i didnt know if I could strip the wire and use it like that. The pics will explain what I mean.

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

Nice find!

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

  • Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

Posted

They dont look burnt up to me. How old are you ...you said " when i was a little kid an he was younger he had a sweet system in his 2003 Chevy Cavalier."....holy shit you make me feel old, lol.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Posted

well im 18 but he is like 45 but when he was like 3mid 30s(before he got married pretty much) he apparently had a nice system. I didnt get into cars or car audio except like 3 years ago. when i was like 12 or 13 is when he had a system. now he has a grand caravan for the family

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

Cool that u found those! I have 6 of those same Flash Drives. :D

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Posted

if i'm understanding ur wanting to use them as a xover to ur door speakers these are passive xovers meaning they go after the amp

i know that but i was wondering if i could just use an RCA to the input if that would work. Mainly because i dont know much about usin crossovers and i figured using RCA as the input i coulod just plug the speakers into the crossover output and be done.

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

if i'm understanding ur wanting to use them as a xover to ur door speakers these are passive xovers meaning they go after the amp

i know that but i was wondering if i could just use an RCA to the input if that would work. Mainly because i dont know much about usin crossovers and i figured using RCA as the input i coulod just plug the speakers into the crossover output and be done.

no u cant the signal is to low to run that out of the rca's
Posted

rca's to amplifier, speaker wire from amp to crossover input, speaker wire from crossover output to speaker.

If you're trying to go straight from headunit to crossover, use the speaker outputs on the h/u, not rca's.(Though idk why you'd do that)

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

well my car has a factory amp that powers the speakers. so from the h/u the speaker wires go to the stock amp and then from that to the rear and front speakers. but the front speaker wires got shorted out somehow so i have no front speakers. so im adding the 6 1/2's to give me more mids and highs instead of just having the rear speakers. the 6 1/2's will be mounted by the back seat on a piece of decorative board i have up there. so i have to use eother RCA's or the rear speaker wires.

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1025 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...