Well just typed up a long rant.. but to save you guys from the long sob story deleted it, to simplify it im asking. Does anyone else have someone that likes to say "You get what you pay for" Just because their stuff is WAY overpriced?! I am trying to explain this to my uncle... just to damn stubborn. If he'd listen could save a ton of money.

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

example: JL audio

That's what this is about.. but when I typed it up, made it seem like a VS thread, didn't want a pissing match either.

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

By and large, that statement is true.

[edit] but just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's always superior. I get what you're saying.

Edited by Jaloosk

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

I don't mean to bag on anyone's stuff but I mean for the price he payed for his JL he could have got something a ton better IMO it's just overpriced because the name.. but he thinks that because it's more it's better.. not the case.

Check out my build log:

I guess the whole 'you get what you pay for' is true to a point. If you buy a boss amp it wont be able to compete with a Sundown amp, even though they might both be 'rated' for 3k. But if you pay for something super overpriced, you could get something equivalent or better for cheaper.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Hell I wish I had an uncle that was in to audio, my entire family thinks I'm nuts and in their eyes I'd be a millionaire if I hadn't spent 300 bucks on wire or alternator. So your uncle may be closed minded on products but at least he likes audio. :)

If he's happy with it, then what's your problem? It's his money, not yours.

I agree, would just be nice to show him just because it's a NAME brand doesn't mean it's the BEST quality. It does become my money when he trys to explain the 13W7 is what I should get over the DC level 4 m2. Another estimate around 350-400 bucks. It's the same RMS and IMO I like DC better. Seems to be better bang for the buck for sure. While he states you get what you pay for.. being that DC is lower quality than JL just because of the price range. Tried to explain to him it's the name and DC's leaned more towards SPL not SQ which is what he likes. But he doesn't seem to comprehend that. On the bright side, I am thankful hes into car audio, just makes it a little hard to chat about it when he thinks JL is superior to everything out there due only to the fact of their price.

Check out my build log: