Sonic Electronix

About to install my first system, any tips?

i'm not gonna touch the setting for bass boost on the amp. Is the knob also a bad idea, or is it ok when used minimally?

read

if the knob is a remote gain its good to use if its bass boost dont even use it.

most companies like hifonics and others use a bass boost knob. which you dont want to use. some companies like audioque use a gain knob, which if turned to max, doesnt exceed the gain setting on the amp itself. its just an attenuator.

Good grounds

Dont run rcas with power wire

Good solid connections

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

i'm not gonna touch the setting for bass boost on the amp. Is the knob also a bad idea, or is it ok when used minimally?

read

if the knob is a remote gain its good to use if its bass boost dont even use it.

most companies like hifonics and others use a bass boost knob. which you dont want to use. some companies like audioque use a gain knob, which if turned to max, doesnt exceed the gain setting on the amp itself. its just an attenuator.

the hifonics knob is also a remote gain

read

the hifonics knob is also a remote gain

I have the MB Quart 1500 watt amp. Being a maxxsonics company it is a bass boost knob?

I own and operate the BRZ1200.1 and i can safely say the knob is a gain knob..

play a tone at anything other than 45 and adjust the gain knob, if it gets louder than its a gain knob.

bass boost on the BRZ series is 45hz so it would be really obvious if it was turned up and the gain was down

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

SPL tape is your friend. Just don't get carried away.. lol

corrected ;)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

double check all connections, youd be surprised what you can miss and duct tape is conductive so make sure you dont secure or clean up any connections with it.. with that being said, it's still your best friend when you dont want to reassemble your whole car to go get 2 brackets