Second Skin Audio

Confirm These specs please

Have you ever heard of the push/pull tool? that's the one thing that bothers me whenever you do your sketchup models... you never include the wood thickness.

lol, yeah i use it but i was trying to get this done quick, also it shouldnt matter so much when the torres calc compensates for it

edit: also the next thing we going to complain about is how i didnt put the braces in the sketch up either, lol

Edited by KenC210

You need a double baffle and bracing.

i do have theses things accounted for i was just wondering what is the difference in why i change the width and height by switching numbers i see different volumes but if you calculate volume it shouldn't matter so much as to where the numbers are inputted you get the same volume. Ex. 2x4x2=16 or 2x2x4=16 no matter the combination the answer is still the same. so why changing the in torres calc does everything else change?

you didn't even look past the first picture, did you?

granted, OP, you probably don't need more than .5 cubic feet of bracing, and tha't's pushing it

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

granted, OP, you probably don't need more than .5 cubic feet of bracing, and tha't's pushing it

right now the way i got it calculated i have 2 braces going up and down and 2 going across. Should i go ahead and remove 1 that goes all the way across and still have 2 going up and down since it has more area to cover to prevent the box from flexing? right now the wood i got for braces are 2 pieces of 2x2x8. not cut yet but thats what im using

right now the way i got it calculated i have 2 braces going up and down and 2 going across. Should i go ahead and remove 1 that goes all the way across and still have 2 going up and down since it has more area to cover to prevent the box from flexing? right now the wood i got for braces are 2 pieces of 2x2x8. not cut yet but thats what im using

You can declare a double baffle by setting to 1 the "# of extra baffles" box. Those 4 crossbraces can work for sure.

bracing interrupts airflow, you really don't need so much bracing. you're using the sdc series? yeah a double baffle will be plenty with maybe a couple braces from the baffle to the back, and one going top to bottom.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.