Sonic Electronix

I went on mechman and all they had for mine was a 6g upgrade it was like 220 amp

Email / PM him

in my opinion you will need another alt to fix your problem battery's from what i am told is only a band-aid on a gunshot wound. was the same issue i was having i had 3 batts 1 upfront and 2 in the back my voltage was still dropping to 11's soon as i put a alt in to handle my power requirements my issue is no longer.

the way i was told to calculate for amp draw from amps is take your total RMS and divide by the amount of volts your running it will give you the amount of amps your going to be drawing

for your system your at 4800 rms give or take i always go on the high side just to be safe

4800 rms

/ 14 v

------------

342.85 amps

but if you figure on the high side you should be fine with a 340 amp alt

since you cant go any higher try and find dual alt bracket and throw another 100amp alt or bigger will solve all of your issues in my opinion

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

ok cooL thanks you guys you definitely helped me alot the first thing ill do is take the capacitor out and replace with a battery then ill call mechman or dc or stinger and ask them about an alternator once again thanks guys

if you are still having bad electrical drop there should be multiple grounds under the hood like on from body to engine block on from frame to body one from body to battery upgrade them and make sure there nice and tight . is wire on your alt also bigger with the new highoutput alt? if not it may be to small to pass the high output currents. thats a problem. i would upgrade all grounds imo.

also mechman makes custom alts sometimes as well as dc power

but if your giving out power to try and produce 4800watts your need to return it which is why i say upgrade all your grounds so big 3 engine block to body battery to body frame to engine frame to battery. everywhere you find a ground that returns to battery some how under the hood that deals with your alt and circulating power around your car then make it bigger it can never hurt.

Edited by Relyks

Yea all my wire is upgraded to 0 gauge under the hood and in the back. Im probability gonna fab up a bracket and put another alternator. Because in the future im putting 2 more mojos and 2 more 2000d's so ill need 2 alternators and maybe like 4 batteries in the back

As already stated, not all of our units are listed on the site. With 1000+ part numbers it would take a very long time to load them all between sales and tech calls, so we just hit the big numbers.

Email me your full vehicle info and I will tell you what we can do for you.