Second Skin Audio

box for my crappy sub haha

The amp is a 300 watt kenwood 2 channel I have it hooked up to push 150 watts bridged at 4 ohms the sub is a pioneer TS-W252R its a really cheap sub but I'm looking for a new amp and a 18 but until then this is all I got thanks man.

Well its cool man but the new amp I'm looking at when I upgrade has a clipping light and I might try and get the DD-1 destortion detector. And sorry for blowing up I just heard if you didn't have an oscope it was perfectly fine to do it with a multimeter its only gain like 1/4 of the way. But yeah my other subs well it was only one 12 the only worked but its was rigged with a little peice of metal which caused it to spark and it melting part of the cone haha.

But I don't think I did it correctly I usually just do it by ear or turn it like 1/4 of the way until I get the necessary equipment. Plus I didn't think like 150 watta would hurt anything lol. I've tried the multimeter only a few times haha.

Well its cool man but the new amp I'm looking at when I upgrade has a clipping light and I might try and get the DD-1 destortion detector. And sorry for blowing up I just heard if you didn't have an oscope it was perfectly fine to do it with a multimeter its only gain like 1/4 of the way. But yeah my other subs well it was only one 12 the only worked but its was rigged with a little peice of metal which caused it to spark and it melting part of the cone haha.

clipping lights are barely accurate, at best. dd1 would be your best choice to be honest

Alright man thanks. And you recommend the dd1? So what are you running in your car?

Alright man thanks. And you recommend the dd1? So what are you running in your car?

i've never used it cause i have an oscope myself, but its cheaper than a scope and judging from videos, works better than one too. my equipment is in my sig.

The sub itself is 120 W RMS. Watch for clipping, check the wiring to the battery ad the electrical, start with low gain.

So here is the suggestion, I could tune lower but it's going to loose output most likely:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34.033 Hz

Vb = 1.291 ft^3

External Height = 12 in

External Width = 20.25 in

External Depth = 16 in

Port Width = 1 5/8 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 17 7/8 x 10 1/2

Back = 20 1/4 x 10 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 14 1/2 x 10 1/2

Side 2 = 15 1/4 x 10 1/2

Top & Bottom = 20 1/4 x 16

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 12 7/8 x 10 1/2

Extension = 10 1/2 x 10 1/2

SamplePorted.png

If you want to change anything, let me know.

Edited by Joe X

I have a dd1 and yes of course I recommend a dd1. It'll save your subs from death and burnt coil

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Okay sweet. Oh my bad I'm on mobile it doesn't show signatures.

I only have one sub man in your sketch it shows 2 could you draw up a sketch with deminsions. Thank you.