Jump to content

to All Computer Geniuses out there........


Recommended Posts

Posted
Xbox or PS3 is way better for gaming. Requires a lot more skill. :)
You best be trolling. There's no way you can say this and make any strong claim to back it up. Laptops do tend to overheat and there's not a whole ton you can do about it. In the desktop world, a graphics card is considered "too hot" if it gets over about 80 degrees C. In the laptop world, you'll constantly see machines running above 90 degrees and some high-end Nvidia chips are known to get over 100. Cooling in laptop computers is simply limited on space and power. My desktop has a slew of 8-inch diameter fans. You can't get that in a laptop. Best options if you want to minimize heat? make sure there's no dust building up in the vents and turn graphics settings down. If you're looking for the best solution, you can build a mighty little budget gaming tower for about $500 (assuming you have a mouse and keyboard and monitor).
I played PC games for a while. It is so much easier to aim with a computer mouse them xbox or ps3 controller. So Xbox,PS3>PC (gaming) Graphics are batter on PC, but who cares?
No offence, but console gaming is mostly for kids who can't affoard to buy a nice gaming rig. I prefer the PC gaming croud to the console gaming croud because of this. Also, PC shooting gaming has no "autoaim" like consoles do. Skill? Who needs skill when the game aims for you... lol. Bish plz.

Oh and a 500 dollar rig will be shitty. My gfx card is worth more than that.

Play on PC then play on Xbox/PS3 and tell me which one is harder.

Why would you spend $500 on video card ???? Unless you create video or software it's a waste of money

All gaming rigs are equal in "skill". If you are not a regular user of Xbox controller then of course its going to be harder to compete.. but to say it takes more skill to use it is just dumb..

Posted

Ugh. This argument defies logic. My girlfriend tries to use it as her reasoning too.

"Our controller is harder to use, so it takes more skill and is better." Yeah, and cutting your lawn with scissors is harder than using a lawnmower, which totally means it's better, right? If your method of input is a barrier between you and the thing you're trying to control, that makes it worse, not better. Console games have auto-aim enabled by default to compensate for the dead spots on analog sticks and the fact that they are a less accurate input method. If you use auto-aim on a PC you're banned from the server for hacking. PLUS you can use a 360 controller on the PC. I have a friend who did it in Battlefield 3 when his mouse broke. Just because console games are harder to play because the controller is an inhibitor to game play doesn't mean they require more skill. Limiting how fast people can turn/react with analog sticks and sensitivity is a broken input method. Which is why I taught myself to play on sensitivity 10 in Halo, to minimize that limitation as much as possible.

I've never had a virus on my PC or my server, and my server is up and running on the internet 24/7.

$500+ worth of graphics hardware is well worth it if you're going to put it to use. My pair of GPU's go for $700. And with games like Battlefield 3 running in their full glory I can pull over 60 fps and this makes me happy. However, depending on the game you're playing, an entire machine can be built for under $500. Skyrim, CoD, and many other popular titles can be run on less robust platforms quite well.

I had an Alienware laptop for 2 years and it served me quite well in school as a mobile gaming machine. Thing got hot as fuck though. Graphics card constantly up around 90 C, CPU at 85+ C under full load. Other than prying the bottom off and putting a big ass fan right under it, there's not a whole ton one can do. You can tweak fan speeds on some machines to go above their stock limit but that only gets you so far and can sometimes do more damage than good.

I stand by my previous post. Short term solution is turn down graphics settings or just accept that it runs hot. Long term solution is build a desktop with a chassis that cn provide adequate cooling to the hardware.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

Oh and a 500 dollar rig will be shitty. My gfx card is worth more than that.

That's quite a claim to make...

Coworker of mine built a quad core gaming machine for $500. AMD Quad Core (can't remember the exact proc) OC'd at 3.5GHz, with 8GB RAM, 2GB GDDR5 Radeon something or other. It's quite damn impressive.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

 

Posted

Oh and a 500 dollar rig will be shitty. My gfx card is worth more than that.

That's quite a claim to make...

Coworker of mine built a quad core gaming machine for $500. AMD Quad Core (can't remember the exact proc) OC'd at 3.5GHz, with 8GB RAM, 2GB GDDR5 Radeon something or other. It's quite damn impressive.

Yeah, hardware's getting much cheaper. Unless you're looking to run super-demanding games at 1080p+, there's no need for a graphics card over $200. IDK why he said what he did but my guess is he's misinformed or has never built a budget machine. Though I'd love to see the list of specs and see what else is in his rig.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

If your confident with taking part of your laptop apart,

(ONLY IF YOUR CONFIDENT WITH DOING THIS)

I'm not Liable for anything if you break it =p

I would recommend redoing the heatsink paste thats on there.

I have a Toshiba Satellite and it used to get really damn hot.

On my laptop I used IC Diamond 7 compound and it made a world of difference, My old acer I used Artic Silver 5 and it helped alot too.

Not alot you can do about over heating with a laptop even if it does have an integrated video card or a dedicated one. I use a thermaltake cooling pad on mine and it stays nice and cool on the bottom while gaming, Although it does blow out some good heat from the cpu fan vent.

It could be a build up of dust on the heatsink fins, if its an older laptop, spray air doesnt always get that out.

Edit: both of the laptops had a copper heat sink tube that went over the cpu and gpu chip, if you decide to redo your paste made sure to clean the old off with 87% or higher rubbing alcohol with a Q-tip. make sure it drys (pretty much instantly) Apply a very small amount of new paste, normaly a small grain of rice(thats how it would look on the cpu/gpu) Put the heatsinks back on, make sure to follow the screw pattern thats on them.

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

Posted

lol he said amd ;3.

but on a serious note i found the best way to deal with laptop heat other than a cooling pad is rather sophisticated.

generally the rule of thumb is to keep the intake vent clear from obstructions, but sometimes the manufacturer covers it up for aesthetic reasons which chokes it.

I DONT SUGGEST DOING THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW SHIT:

replacing the laptop fan with a delta fan or something as powerful.

modifying the intake.

better thermal compound on the heatsinks

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Posted

lol he said amd ;3.

I'm an Intel fanboy but my coworker stays huggin AMD's nuts...

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

 

Posted

lol he said amd ;3.

I'm an Intel fanboy but my coworker stays huggin AMD's nuts...

AMD really isn't as bad as people bash on them for. Single-GPU gaming machines see no notable performance difference between a stock AMD Athlon x4 and an overclocked i7. People just read reviews online where they compare machines with 2 or 3 GPU setups, see that the i7 wins in their test, and then go spend an extra $150 on a part that gets them no increase in performance because they're still limited by their GPU.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

I'm not all anti-AMD, I will admit that they made damn fine components, I'm just partial to Intel because that's pretty much all we mess with at work, thus making me more familiar with Intel than AMD. It's kind of like "growing up" around it, I guess.

Same reason I'm a rap fan, a Braves fan, and a Chevy fan. I grew up around it all, it's what I'm used to. I don't deny that the competitors are just as good, I just like the ones I grew up around. :P

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

 

Posted

That's it I'm jacking a bladed from work I'll show you guys.lol they justbrooled out some beyond gross blades

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...