to All Computer Geniuses out there........

That's it I'm jacking a bladed from work I'll show you guys.lol they justbrooled out some beyond gross blades

lol wut? You're taking a server blade from work? Assuming I read this correctly.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Allow me to explain my claims: Just like car audio, you want power to back up your parts. A GOOD power supply to safely run your rig is around 200. (That's assuming you want to be safe and use good equipment). In car audio, you guys always say get a HO alt to prevent damage to your vehicle's components and to your audio gear. Same goes here. You want a really GOOD power supply because really, your rig is nothing without power. Add in the rest of your components and you'll be above 500 right there. Secondly, ya of course you can go buy all second hand stuff and make a "gaming" rig that will give you just enough juice to play for around 500. You can also buy a new rig for 500 but question is - how long will it actually last you? Why not spend the extra few bucks and buy something that will last you a few years? If you want quality you have to pay for it. But it all depends WHAT you use it for. If you are a serious gamer and need the reliability and power, then you will not be happy with a 500 dollar rig. If you play the occasional game and do browsing and pictures, then yes, a 500 dollar rig will be "ok" mostly. *The most important thing of all is, do what makes you happy. Lol.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

lol he said amd ;3.

I'm an Intel fanboy but my coworker stays huggin AMD's nuts...

AMD really isn't as bad as people bash on them for. Single-GPU gaming machines see no notable performance difference between a stock AMD Athlon x4 and an overclocked i7. People just read reviews online where they compare machines with 2 or 3 GPU setups, see that the i7 wins in their test, and then go spend an extra $150 on a part that gets them no increase in performance because they're still limited by their GPU.

been with you so far, but this... no.

not sure were you got your info, but i can easily tell the diff in several ways between my two INTEL machines.

i have a Q9550 oc'd to 4 with a zotac 470 amp! edition at 850 core. (bad ass card)

on my Q9550:

logging into malganis horde in org at the main bank i get around 23-25 fps or so (2-300 players around)

with my overclock disabled i get around 12-15 fps or so

on my 2600k with 560ti 448 cores msi:

23-25 fps without a overclock.

(the 470 overclocked is 1-2 fps diff than the 560ti 448 cores, tested with Unigine)

so basically my stock Q9550 system runs a lot slower than my 2600k system.

you stop getting gains at 1920x1080 with these specs:

1866 ram 8gb

sata III

580 gtx (or an amd equal)

this will run all games at max at or above 60fps (on average)

anything below those specs can be improved on.

anything past those specs is just dick flexing (or you went amd(processors))

extensive research, first hand experience, etc etc.. (what works on paper in the computer world will work in the real world (if you follow the rules))

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Ugh. I hate to do it, but I have to reply to that.

Saying you need a $200 power supply is just ignorant. Your comparison to car audio is going to be seriously misinterpreted here. If everyone were to use $200 power supplies for their gaming rigs, it'd be the equivalent of running Meade's electrical system for a 500 watt amp and a pair of 12's. A good 650-watt unit can easily handle any single-GPU system out there and they can be had for under $100. I'm not saying strong PSU's aren't a good thing to have, I'm saying that not everyone should go buy a 1000 watt unit for machine because it's honestly a waste.

I've built machines with 4-core AMD chips and high-end, 6800-series cards for under $550 shipped. It's not hard, it's just a matter of balancing components for your build.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

my antec earth watts 650W is 80 bronze cert for about 89.99....

you really dont ever need a $200 power supply unless you PLAN on slamming a smaller power supply than required into your rig, making it run at a higher load which brings efficiency way down anyways (which is what you just paid for anyways).

i think its like your supposed to get a PSU that can run your system idle at 50% load, then around 70-80% under load.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

lol he said amd ;3.

I'm an Intel fanboy but my coworker stays huggin AMD's nuts...

AMD really isn't as bad as people bash on them for. Single-GPU gaming machines see no notable performance difference between a stock AMD Athlon x4 and an overclocked i7. People just read reviews online where they compare machines with 2 or 3 GPU setups, see that the i7 wins in their test, and then go spend an extra $150 on a part that gets them no increase in performance because they're still limited by their GPU.

been with you so far, but this... no.

not sure were you got your info, but i can easily tell the diff in several ways between my two INTEL machines.

i have a Q9550 oc'd to 4 with a zotac 470 amp! edition at 850 core. (bad ass card)

on my Q9550:

logging into malganis horde in org at the main bank i get around 23-25 fps or so (2-300 players around)

with my overclock disabled i get around 12-15 fps or so

on my 2600k with 560ti 448 cores msi:

23-25 fps without a overclock.

(the 470 overclocked is 1-2 fps diff than the 560ti 448 cores, tested with Unigine)

so basically my stock Q9550 system runs a lot slower than my 2600k system.

you stop getting gains at 1920x1080 with these specs:

1866 ram 8gb

sata III

580 gtx (or an amd equal)

this will run all games at max at or above 60fps (on average)

anything below those specs can be improved on.

anything past those specs is just dick flexing (or you went amd(processors))

extensive research, first hand experience, etc etc.. (what works on paper in the computer world will work in the real world (if you follow the rules))

World of Warcraft and MANY other MMO's are a different story man. TOTALLY CPU-bound games (especially in main cities). Load up a game that utilizes the GPU (nearly any other game) or try a benchmark (like the Unigine one you used) and you'll see the two CPU's perform damn near the exact same overall. In something like PCMark the i7 will win, but that's because it integrates a CPU benchmark for the physics portion.

wtf is lolcats?

That's it I'm jacking a bladed from work I'll show you guys.lol they justbrooled out some beyond gross blades

lol wut? You're taking a server blade from work? Assuming I read this correctly.

Im just gonna hijack it it wont be much good without the chassis. lol. let me find the specs for what they just put out its absolutely stupid.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

my antec earth watts 650W is 80 bronze cert for about 89.99....

you really dont ever need a $200 power supply unless you PLAN on slamming a smaller power supply than required into your rig, making it run at a higher load which brings efficiency way down anyways (which is what you just paid for anyways).

i think its like your supposed to get a PSU that can run your system idle at 50% load, then around 70-80% under load.

Yeah a lot of online PSU calculators grossly overestimate the required wattage, and that's generally because they're hosted by PSU manufacturers or online retailers. Corsair's website tells me I need a 1200 watt unit. Newegg tells me I should get a 1050 watt unit. And in reality? At full load my machine pulls around 650 watts from the wall, including the monitor.

This got so off-topic lmao

wtf is lolcats?

Im just gonna hijack it it wont be much good without the chassis. lol. let me find the specs for what they just put out its absolutely stupid.

Pics or it didn't happen!

wtf is lolcats?

Ugh. I hate to do it, but I have to reply to that.

Saying you need a $200 power supply is just ignorant. Your comparison to car audio is going to be seriously misinterpreted here. If everyone were to use $200 power supplies for their gaming rigs, it'd be the equivalent of running Meade's electrical system for a 500 watt amp and a pair of 12's. A good 650-watt unit can easily handle any single-GPU system out there and they can be had for under $100. I'm not saying strong PSU's aren't a good thing to have, I'm saying that not everyone should go buy a 1000 watt unit for machine because it's honestly a waste.

I've built machines with 4-core AMD chips and high-end, 6800-series cards for under $550 shipped. It's not hard, it's just a matter of balancing components for your build.

The equivalent of meade's electrical system would be like running 2 Thermaltake 1375's. Considering we are still talking about a good system to run games at native resolution and medium-high graphics you need to spend more than 500. Honestly, a modular PSU with 750watts from a reputable company is like 160 + Shipping/taxes. Then you need a good mobo. You're looking at MINIMUM 100. Then you need ram... 50. Then you need CPU. If you go with an I3 you'll kick yourself for doing it later but you'll still manage. So that's 130ish +shipping and taxes... we're already at 440 without shipping and taxes. Now you need a video card, case and screen. Good luck! No way you'll be under 500 for a GAMING machine.

If you wanna run garbage, then run it. But honestly with my experience (I'm in IT infrastructure support) you need to spend a little more to get what you want/need from it.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP