Jump to content

to All Computer Geniuses out there........


Recommended Posts

Posted

That's it I'm jacking a bladed from work I'll show you guys.lol they justbrooled out some beyond gross blades

lol wut? You're taking a server blade from work? Assuming I read this correctly.

Im just gonna hijack it it wont be much good without the chassis. lol. let me find the specs for what they just put out its absolutely stupid.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I cant take pics in the DC its all confidential.

heres the one DC

http://www.networkwo...ibm.html#slide9

You're killing me! Lol!

now whats funny is everyone talks overclocking this and amd vs intel that. I couldn't care any less about it. I get to play with ridiculous stuff day in and day out so for me to play with a desktop at home is kinda not fun. lol

I WISH I got to play with the stuff you did. My bastardized voice server is a Pentium 4 and 4GB of DDR2 I had lying around. Oh, and a 40GB IDE hard drive. Inside of an 8-year-old Dell chassis. Take that!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

Thtas almost identical to what my last home computer was lol. once my truck is done and my ar-15 im builidng ill do a build. But to put it into perspective I built a virtual server the other day with 2008 r2 wiht 8 processors and 32 GB of ram. So just imagine the host that was behind it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted
Ugh. I hate to do it, but I have to reply to that. Saying you need a $200 power supply is just ignorant. Your comparison to car audio is going to be seriously misinterpreted here. If everyone were to use $200 power supplies for their gaming rigs, it'd be the equivalent of running Meade's electrical system for a 500 watt amp and a pair of 12's. A good 650-watt unit can easily handle any single-GPU system out there and they can be had for under $100. I'm not saying strong PSU's aren't a good thing to have, I'm saying that not everyone should go buy a 1000 watt unit for machine because it's honestly a waste. I've built machines with 4-core AMD chips and high-end, 6800-series cards for under $550 shipped. It's not hard, it's just a matter of balancing components for your build.
The equivalent of meade's electrical system would be like running 2 Thermaltake 1375's. Considering we are still talking about a good system to run games at native resolution and medium-high graphics you need to spend more than 500. Honestly, a modular PSU with 750watts from a reputable company is like 160 + Shipping/taxes. Then you need a good mobo. You're looking at MINIMUM 100. Then you need ram... 50. Then you need CPU. If you go with an I3 you'll kick yourself for doing it later but you'll still manage. So that's 130ish +shipping and taxes... we're already at 440 without shipping and taxes. Now you need a video card, case and screen. Good luck! No way you'll be under 500 for a GAMING machine. If you wanna run garbage, then run it. But honestly with my experience (I'm in IT infrastructure support) you need to spend a little more to get what you want/need from it.
I've got a Newegg cart right now that's $564 shipped to my door of a machine I built for a friend previously. He plays a few Valve titles, BF3, and SWTOR with us and manages solid FPS at high settings at 1080p. And I never include the price of the monitor when I build a machine. Do you include the price of the television when debating whether to buy a PS3 or a 360? I also don't include the price of Windows. If you do, you're doing it wrong.

Ok forget the monitor.. you still need a case and a good card to run games. Still over 500 by at least 200 bucks. I don't recomend anything that I wouldn't use to anyone. If you do, you're doing it wrong.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Posted
Im going to assume talking about desktops is on topic because it is the solution to the op's problem. I agree a computer can be built for ~$500 or so, and that it can be good at gaming. Ive done it. Is it spectacular? no. Is it better than any console out right now? Yes. Im gaming on a 3 year old build (920 i7, gtx285 etc) and stepped into someone's room the other day and couldn't figure out what version of portal they were playing because the graphics were so much worse than portal 1 I played when I first built my rig. Turns out it was just portal 2 being played on a ps3. lol.

Come on guys, it's like saying "ya I go to comps I got me some bump in the trunk... 2 12" sony's from walmart! Man they rock!"

You're saying that for 500 dollars you can build a reliable/serious gaming rig that plays at native on high for lets say... BF3? I would love to see that.

What you guys are describing is a normal PC that plays occasional games. Not a dedicated gaming rig.

PC's are not consoles. Not every machine plays every game the same. With that said, not every person plays Battlefield 3 either. You don't need to spend over $600-$700 to enjoy Portal, Skyrim, and other mainstream games at 1080p. You match the hardware to the requirements.

This isn't the equivalent of buying Boss Audio and Pyle stuff. The components I'm talking about are more akin to AudioQue (a GREAT on-a-budget manufacturer).

"Comps" for audio would be like benchmarking for gaming. You build a different system dependent on whether you're building a one-note-wonder or a groudpounder. And a budget computer build is just that. A budget build. Nobody buys a $500 computer expecting $2000 performance. Nobody buys a $500 system expecting $2000 performance. But when you're on a budget you live within your means and get the most for your dollar.

The audio analogy ends there. You can't compare computers and audio like that because they don't operate in the same scaling manner. The idea of multiple subs and amps doesn't translate into anything in the computer world. There isn't that type of linear scalability.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

Thtas almost identical to what my last home computer was lol. once my truck is done and my ar-15 im builidng ill do a build. But to put it into perspective I built a virtual server the other day with 2008 r2 wiht 8 processors and 32 GB of ram. So just imagine the host that was behind it.

So, like, never? :lol:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

Case

Motherboard

Processor

Video Card

RAM

CD Drive

Hard Drive

= $501.93

the video card is equal to about a 560ti from the graphs ive seen

You forgot the $150 PSU

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Posted

knew i was forgetting something, got a phone call mid putting that together

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Posted

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Posted

knew i was forgetting something, got a phone call mid putting that together

Just trollin a little. :P

EDIT:

Holy sweet Jesus why?

In case anyone's curious, here's the machine I built. Feel free to critique it to your heart's content.

Just to clarify beforehand, nothing is overclocked. He runs the stock CPU cooler. He doesn't need USB 3.0. He has a keyboard, mouse, webcam, speakers, and monitor. He plays mostly Valve titles and SWTOR. This is just an example of what you can do with a limited budget.

21mygw2.png

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 911 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...